If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
As a member of the Corporate Controllership team for Products & Technology, Brands & CSS; the Compliance Manager will drive external and internal compliance and proactive risk assessment for Expedia Services and Marketplace. You will partner across the functions within the organization and be front-line liaise with Corporate Audit Services (CAS) team and external auditors and providing subject matter guidance and support.
What You'll Do
- Support and advise business partners with SOX audit findings, internal operational/compliance audits, and internal/external risk assessments.
- Support SOX control deficiency assessments and remediation efforts by working directly with control owners to perform impact analysis and control design/operation remediation.
- Collaborate with internal IT and business stakeholders to identify financial and regulatory risks and develop mitigating control procedures for future state processes and system implementations.
- Support control environment improvements efforts by identifying opportunities for control efficiencies, process automation, and control consolidation.
- Track and effectively communicate project and responsibility status with controllership and stakeholder teams.
- Prepare executive presentation materials.
- Lead and perform business and technology process risk assessments for top priority areas.
- Drive compliance excellence for Expedia Group including compliance with company’s policies, external regulations, and established risk management processes.
- Other projects or assignments to support Corporate Controllership team as needed.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, Management Information Systems or equivalent.
- 5+ years of internal controls or audit including experience with IT general, application, and business process controls.
- CPA, CISA, CIA or similar certification a plus.
- Able to business partner across the organization (CAS, IT, operations,)
- Have a strong foundational knowledge of key business processes, financial concepts, accounting standards, and relevant compliance frameworks.
- Strong organizational skills, able to multi-task, deliver under pressure and tight timelines
- Effective communication across various teams and levels
- Self-motivated and curiosity to learn
- Strong data analysis and Microsoft Excel skills
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
United States - Texas - Austin
ID # R-76720
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.