Creative Director - Art
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Creative Director (AD)
Expedia Group’s Global Marketing Communications team is dedicated to developing and executing innovative and effective global marketing across our family of brands. Within this organization, the Creative team is Expedia Group’s center of creative excellence, and is responsible for developing high-impact, iconic and culturally relevant creative for consumer marketing, content, and experiences across TV, OOH, social, experiential, and more. As a Creative Director, you will play a critical role in defining our creative strategy
What you’ll do:
- As a Creative Director, you will play a critical role in defining our creative strategy: conceiving and executing campaigns, producing creative assets, and developing ideas for how our brands’ value propositions and positioning comes to life
- You will partner across the company—with brand strategists, product and technology professionals, producers, customer engagement specialists and more—to develop a deep understanding of our brands’ needs, to leverage insights that solve strategic problems, and to evangelize for the power of great creative work to shift perception and drive results
- Working with external partners and agencies, as well as a global team you will help build, lead, and mentor
- You will do everything from conceptualizing campaigns to reviewing creative work, serving as a strong voice, educator, and leader of others
- Ideal candidates can work flexibly and fluidly, build trust with others, and see the big picture while keeping an eye on every detail
- Work across multiple travel brands at a time and able to differentiate each of their brand tones / guidelines
Who you are:
- Deep experience (10+ years) as an Art Director in agency or in-house environments; experience with global lifestyle or cultural-impact brands preferred
- Deep craft experience in your creative field with highly developed ability to develop strategic thinking and creative concepts that result in compelling campaigns and creative work
- Ability to creative direct all work, whether through external agencies, freelance vendors, or internal production resources, ensuring best-in-class work is delivered on time and within budget
- Experience acting as brand client with large agencies and ability to direct agency work
- Proven ability building and leading global teams in a self-directed way
- Experience developing ideas and assets across all platforms and channels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to create and deliver presentations that articulate ideas in a compelling manner to build acceptance and support
- Proven record of working successfully with cross-functional groups, both internally and externally, in fast-paced environments with changing direction
- Interested in current cultural trends
- An understanding of design practices
- Experience in leading Photo/Video/ Digital workstreams
- Understanding of short and long form content
- Liking travel is always a plus
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
United States - California - West Hollywood
ID # R-76325
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.