Data Scientist II, Marketing Analytics
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Interested in applying your analytical mind to how an online travel company acquires new customers? Here, we offer the opportunity to apply your education and experience to cutting-edge techniques in the digital marketing arena. We’re looking for a passionate and intelligent Data Scientist, Analytics to provide analytical and strategic decision support to the Expedia Group (EG) Growth Marketing team. We work closely with our growth marketing teams to identify and measure opportunities that enhance conversion, efficiency and profit.
Given the fast pace and change in the online travel marketing landscape, this position will challenge even the quickest thinking of candidates as we build our understanding of how our users interact with Facebook, Youtube and other programmatic media. We want to better understand these marketing partners, the products that they produce and how we can best utilize them to improve the user's purchasing experience at EG. If you are passionate about results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive innovation and customer engagement, this position is perfect for you! We creatively solve complicated business problems by converting raw data into important and impactful business insights.
What you will do/role & responsibility:
- Construct data driven proposals for our Leadership Team as well as channel-specific marketing teams.
- Enjoy full end-to-end responsibility of running projects and solving problems, from methodology to analysis with the mentorship of an analytics manager.
- Proactively engage with internal and external partners to assess existing and upcoming business needs, presenting your analyses to a wide EG community.
- Collaborate with other functions such as Finance, Product and other Analytics teams to drive impactful business outcomes.
- Share expertise and outstanding practice with analytical functions across the business to aid delivery on future projects.
Who you (candidate) are:
- 2+ years of experience in data mining, statistical modelling and business analysis with at least a Bachelor's in an analytical field (STEM) required. Advanced degrees/qualifications in the above are a plus but not essential.
- Previous experience in translating complex data findings into clear insights through languages such as SQL, R and Python, with strong big data manipulation skills.
- Demonstrable commercial sense combined with an uncanny ability to extract and analyse data. Additionally, the storytelling ability to communicate this to other teams.
- An unflagging curiosity about the online travel industry and how consumers interact with online advertising in order to find their next trip.
- Results-oriented and motivated, with a self-responsibility for the insights that you produce.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
United Kingdom - London
ID # R-78240
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.