Finance Manager - Cloud, Product & Tech
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Finance Manager Cloud, Product & Tech Finance Center of Excellence (COE)
Product & Tech is building the platform that will enable what is next in travel. The Finance Manager will drive forecasting, analysis, optimization and reporting for Expedia’s Cloud spend. As an early adopter of Cloud technologies, Expedia is leading the way on driving business agility through Cloud resources. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, the Finance Manager will work cross functionally with Cloud business, Analytics, Accounting and Finance team members to enable solid business decisions through financial insight, meaningful analysis, and timely reporting. The role requires an ability to think strategically and analytically with a focus on timely delivery. Success in this role will include driving process improvement, effective communication and partnership with engineering leaders, understanding the business, and going to get what’s next. The Finance Manager will be a key partner in accelerating Expedia’s exciting Cloud journey by embracing our values and looking for ways to force simplicity while driving continuous improvement.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with Business Finance teams and prepare quarterly and annual forecasting for EG Cloud spend
- Actively participate in improving the Expedia Group Cloud forecasting process
- Create weekly/monthly/quarterly analytics and reporting, variance and trend analysis for Cloud spend that provide meaningful insights
- Reconcile monthly billing and execute on accrual responsibilities
- Drive allocation, tracking, and reporting of variable Cloud cost
- Partner with EG Cloud Data pipeline team to scale consumption of cost and usage reports
- Communicate complex financial information and concepts to Finance and business leaders
- Understand key business drivers and provide management with accurate, timely, and relevant information to help influence decision making
- Partner with accounting team to define and manage GAAP treatment of Cloud expenses and vendor credits
- Partner with controller team to ensure SOX compliance for EG cloud cost
- Perform ad-hoc analyses in a timely and insightful manner
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience in financial analysis. Bachelor’s degree required. 3+ years with an advanced degree.
- Advanced analytic, modeling, forecasting, and reporting skills
- Highly proficient with Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with SQL, Oracle, Hyperion and Essbase preferred.
- Results driven, highly motivated, and curious with a growth mindset and willingness to learn
- Highly collaborative, ability to build and maintain close working relationships with teams across Expedia
- Ability to work independently and think strategically
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
- Attention to detail and a commitment to data integrity
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Comfortable working with ambiguity in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Be flexible in a dynamic work environment and be willing to do what it takes to help the team win
- Experience in travel, technology, or e-commerce businesses preferred.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
United States - Washington - Seattle
ID # R-77366
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.