Manager, Data Science and Analytics
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Expedia Group is revolutionizing travel through the Power of Technology! The Retail Promotions and Propositions team combines strategy and analytics specialists to help craft the way Expedia Group offers competitive and differentiated promotions on lodging, Air and package products across each of its retail brands.
We are looking for a self-starter analytics manager to own end to end analysis and provide insights regarding Marketing claims, pricing and promotions economics and insights to peers and partners with a high level of autonomy. As an Analytics Manager within our team you will be involved in different topics related to our value propositions and promotions across Expedia Group retail brands partnering with different marketing, product and legal teams.
What You'll Do
- Work on analytics projects related to promotions and deals depth and quality across all our Lines of Business products
- Construct data-driven proposals and recommendations by leveraging complex datasets, rigorous analytical techniques, and a deep understanding of business challenges
- Enjoy end-to-end responsibility of running projects and solving analytical problems
- Establish trust and a collaborative working relationship with stakeholders across all areas of the business, including Pricing, Finance, Supply, Product and Legal
- Breakdown complex problems or asks and dive into new datasets and project with no or minimal direction to explore and suggest recommendations for the business
- Validate hypotheses by delivering bespoke analyses, data-driven models or through experimentation
- Effectively communicate findings in compelling presentations to technical and non-technical stakeholders, as well as senior management
- Share expertise, learnings and good practices with the wider analytics community and coach junior team members
- Find opportunities to simplify and improve our offering and return on spend
- Prepare clear and informative slides and present your findings to different key partners across the business
- Design and implement scalable solutions, in partnership with other teams across analytics, data science, product and engineering
Who You Are
- At least 5 years of analytics work experience in finance, consulting or e-commerce (travel & hospitality sectors preferable) with some managerial experience
- Experience working on multi-discipline, multi-stakeholder projects and teams
- Strong technical skills and abilities to analyze data and interpret / communicate insights in a clear manner
- Academic background (MSc or equivalent preferred) in a quantitative subject area
- Proficient in SQL, Python, Tableau or other visualization tool
- Logical and structured in your way of thinking, you are able to simplify sophisticated business problems and communicate concepts clearly and concisely
- Results-oriented and motivated, with a self-responsibility for the insights that you produce
- Eye for business, desire to learn, and bias to action
- A Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better - that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a desire to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, VRBO®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
United Kingdom - London
ID # R-79431
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.