Network Engineer lll
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Brand Specific Description:
- The Network Engineer lll develops, maintains, and supports data center and cloud network infrastructure. In this role, we provide network support including operation, release management and request fulfilment for network devices such as routers, switches, firewalls, and load balancers. Your role will be to operate and support global network and related security services and will resolve system and network issues and outages.
- This will involve maintenance and administration of all production network equipment.
- This position will directly engage with the site reliability teams and with internal customers.
- You may be preparing network diagrams and maintaining equipment lists using automation where possible to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- You should be able to communicate well with vendors and partners to build relationships as you work through technical scenarios.
- This role acts as a mentor to more junior engineers, applies new engineering principles to improve existing systems, and is responsible for leading complex, well-defined projects.
- One of the major themes we're focusing on involves network automation and orchestration to increase speed and preserve consistency in our network connectivity solutions.
- This could involve automation of network circuit provisioning, switch baselines, routing protocol convergence improvements and network overlay technologies.
- A high performing and influential individual contributor who leads by example while continuing to mentor junior engineers, interfaces consistently with tech leadership in the local organization, leads complex and vaguely defined projects, and stretches into team leadership skills based on current projects.
Experience and Qualification:
- Bachelor's degree or Master’s degree in Analytics, Computer Science, Engineering or in a related technical field; or equivalent related professional experience. Minimum 5 years of experience in network engineering. Software defined network experience.
- Authority in configuring enterprise or service provider grade network hardware.
- Expert in configuring, operating, and automating cloud IaaS networks (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Intermediate to expert level skills in routing protocols (e.g., OSPF, MPBGP, ISIS, MPLS).
- Understands physical and virtual network technologies and how they interoperate.
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of models used to show network state and for configuration (e.g., SNMP, NetFlow, IPFIX, Netconf, Restconf).
- Incorporates most appropriate model for given technologies into designs to observe network behavior and performance.
- Has strength in multiple technologies or languages.
- Justifies technology choices to technical and non-technical observers.
- Serves as an expert for a given domain.
- Makes well defined technology choices.
- Mentors other engineers Individual Contributor I, II.
- Applies knowledge and expertise to network management responsibilities for the LAN, WAN and telecommunications systems and maintains overall network services.
- Ensures accurate and timely communication to internal customers/partner organizations who may be impacted by change activity.
- Conducts a deep review of data and issues to quickly reveal the root cause of problem.
- Recommends interim and long-term solutions to complex problems to ensure successful resolution.
- Executes solutions to complex problems; guides the analysis of a problem all the way to a successful resolution.
- Communicates in business terms to impacted stakeholders and shares knowledge with peers and management.
- Facilitates collaboration with different stakeholders that have varied perspectives to develop effective solutions to issues.
- Strives for optimum organizational efficiency by applying systems thinking across boundaries and making recommendations about policies/ processes.
- Takes a whole systems approach to analyze issues and implements holistic solutions by ensuring that linkages between structure, people, process and technology are made.
- Investigates a range of issues or incidents by gathering and analyzing information, documenting insights and findings on the underlying cause, circumstances, and contributing factors, and suggesting necessary actions for resolution.
- Effectively identify issues with the quality and performance of products, services, solutions, or processes and propose improvements.
- Possesses knowledge of features and facilities for integration, and communication among applications, databases, and technology platforms to bring together different components and form a fully functional solution to a business problem.
- Leverages analysis of requirements to design the architecture for central or distributed environments to meet user/solution requirements.
- Communicates across multiple internal peer groups to share knowledge and dependencies of new or improved architecture solutions.
- Recognizes and stays apprised of emerging technology trends and best practices that could potentially benefit the organization, including gathering data for impact and cost/benefit analysis.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
United Kingdom - London
ID # R-83844
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.