New Partner Associate - German
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Are you a driven sales person, a real ‘hunter’, looking to make an impact at a ground-breaking tech company, powered by the world’s largest online travel platform? This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our brand new "New Partner Team" being set up in our Madrid office.
The Associate’s primary responsibility is to assist in the set up and onboarding of conventional lodging properties within their assigned territory. You will help them maximize the production potential from their participation in the Expedia marketplace by smartly leveraging the power of Expedia Group’s unique data insights. Calling leads and educating Expedia’s UVP to potential properties who have not worked with us will be the primary activity of this role.
This role is central to our account management mission of delivering exceptional travel experiences by bringing the power of the platform to life for our partners, both current and new. This team ensures that our global customers always find the most suitable hotel for their dream trip wherever they want to go, and that our hotel partners can effectively, efficiently and throughout the year, reach our full breadth of global traveler demand.
What you'll do
- Execute on high value conventional lodging leads from fresh leads and untouched opportunities within target markets as assigned by the distribution engine
- Build the portfolio of hotel partners by introducing prospective partners to Expedia and facilitate their onboarding process
- Educate partners on how to offer competitive hotel products (content, rates and availability) to be consistently optimized on the Expedia sites
- Advise partners on additional lodging rates and availability information regarding high demand and compression periods
- Employ active listening during conversations with potential partners to adapt responses to local market conditions and partner needs
- Share best practices within the team in order to achieve overall team targets
- Continuously promote and develop hotel partners’ high engagement with Expedia’s full suite of:
- Unique market insights (partner reports, competitive data, key performance drivers)
- Revenue management tools (dynamic promotions, packages, fenced deals, mobile)
- Marketing and merchandising opportunities
- Specialized brands (e.g. Hotwire, Media Solutions) potential opportunities Self-service tools (Expedia Partner Central)
- Once property is live on our sites, carry out follow-up calls with new partners to answer questions and help maximize partners potential
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree; or equivalent
- 1-2 years’ relevant work experience, commercial experience is a plus
- At least 90% of time will be executing on leads with <10% travel (market visits or industry events)
- Proficiency in German and English. Spanish is a plus.
- Drive for Results
- High impact personality: intellectual agility, compassion in relationship, phenomenal teammate
- Hungry, driven, motivated, willing to take action and results-focused
- Organization and time management skills, rigor, attention to details
- Persistence when facing challenging situations
- Ability to multi-task effectively and be able to change gears quickly without skipping a beat
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize work and be laser-focused on achieving critical targets, goals and/or strategic objectives set by TPG leadership team
- Relationship builder; earns the confidence of others;
- Bridges and sustains solid partnerships based on mutual support through a reciprocal style
- Appetite for innovative technology, fast-changing business environment, data driven decision-making
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Ability to select and present insights, including performance, market and competitor analysis and to implement action plans based on the data
Written & Spoken Communication, Listening and Influencing
- Presents ideas and directives clearly and persuasively
- Ability to optimally communicate to various levels and through a variety of communication channels
- Ability to handle objection over phone and cold calling
- Open to feedback through shadowing and lab process for continuous improvement
Build & Maintain Teams
- Able to work independently as well as be a strong team worker, ensuring the whole team wins
- Help other team members acquire skills or achieve targets/goals
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better - that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Group Partner Solutions, , trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® Cruises®, and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is lifeatexpediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Spain - Madrid
Full-Time Fixed Term
ID # R-68945
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.