Sanctions Compliance Support
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
We are a small but continuously growing team focused on maintaining Expedia's compliance to U.S. and international sanctions regulations. We are a team with various strengths that work closely with other teams and departments as well as with customers and external partners. We want individuals who are excited to work in an ever-changing field that has a significant impact on the business. We operate in a risk-based environment and the individuals filling this role will be instrumental in helping us manage that risk. We are Expedia Group's first line of defense against these types of risk. This team is highly dynamic and values the individual contributions and difference each person brings to the team.
Who you are:
Are you a detail-oriented individual with a love of research and investigation? Or maybe putting together the pieces of a puzzle to reveal the bigger picture sounds like fun for you. Does the idea of joining a small team making a big impact appeal to you? Do you like to have an individual contribution to the overall goal, while still being part of a close-knit team? If this sounds like you then the Sanctions analyst role may be right up your alley and we want to hear from you.
· You have strong communication skills, are self-motivated, and possess a results-oriented approach?
· You have a customer-centric background with strong analytical skills and an enjoyment of investigation
· You are confident in making instinctual decisions with little or no supervision while adhering to required standards
· Your experience in internet research, Microsoft Office, and overall PC skills will be beneficial
· We value experience in other cultures or the ability to speak multiple languages and the perspective that goes along with it
· Knowledge and experience in banking operations or other regulated industries preferred
· Experience performing AML, BSA, SAR filings, OFAC, USA Patriot Act job duties or other regulatory required documentation or responsibilities preferred
· One year or more in a customer service type role or related experience is preferred
· Previous risk analysis experience, background check investigation or a professional research background is highly desirable
What you will do/role & responsibility:
- You will exercise good judgment and policy to resolve the conflict between business need and customer experience
- You will examine potential matches against various regulatory sanctions lists preventing reputational damage or fines
- You will help resolve potential conflicts between regulatory requirements and customer impacts
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
United States - Missouri - Springfield
ID # R-76103
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.