Technical Program Manager, II
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Technical Program Manager
As a Technical Program Manager, the incumbent should be able to provide tangible business improvements across the SEM Ad Copy workstream through the development and enhancement of technical solutions, and tactically execute high profile projects focused on driving efficiency, experience improvements in key operational metrics. Join the team and help us create an exciting set of products and services for our engineering org which is at the centre of Expedia Group’s marketing journey. We’re building a multi-tenant led SEM platform and services to scale with the Operations and unlock value from data for applications, algorithms, and analytics.
What you’ll do
- You will conduct technical sessions with users to understand business problems and translate them into technical solutions
- You will communicate and work directly with Partners to identify problems, collecting requirements, and recommending solutions
- You will partner with SEM Product Group to design new products and solutions for our platform, based on the needs of our customers
- You will lead POC’s to build self-serve tools, directly working with Engineering leaders to identify use cases for automation
- You will contribute to the Ad Copy training framework, improve the existing processes and contribute to the platform
- Hold people accountable when schedule or progress is in jeopardy while maintaining respectful relationships in difficult situations
- Predict roadblocks and obstacles, establishing meetings or integration points between teams
Who you are
- You are comfortable in a technical environment, gathering requirements and be an owner/liaison between the technology and product teams
- Self-starter and natural problem-solver; love working with our internal Customers; intrinsically motivated and technology savvy
- You’re an effective communicator, comfortable sharing highly technical information with users across all levels of an organization
- You’re able to work cross-functionally across Product manager, architects, engineers, Dev Ops teams, to resolve technical, procedural, and operational issues
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline is preferred. An advanced degree is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in a technical program management role and ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- At least 3 years of technical program management experience is desired
- Familiarity with a programming language (Scala, Kotlin or Python) is desired, but not required.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
United Kingdom - London
ID # R-77902
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.