Manager, Software Development Engineering
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Are you passionate about quality, reliability, and customer satisfaction?
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Reliability Engineering team in London, responsible for delivering solutions like multi-region failover services to resiliency best practices and guidelines and from chaos engineering frameworks to platform reliability tooling across Expedia Group.
We look for people with good leadership skills because we believe that outstanding leaders can learn new skills quickly and well. We guarantee you’ll learn a lot and won't be bored!
As a People Leader, you will:
- Lead a team of 4-6 engineers as you coach and develop their potentials to dive into areas of focus and opportunity within their performance
- Empower, challenge, and coach team members to grow their impact as individual technical contributors by providing them with context and continuous feedback
- Drive ownership and coordinate daily activities, including feature delivery, operational excellence, bug triage and knowledge base content updates
- Manage the engineering challenges and risks associated with delivering on a regular, rapid cadence anticipating and recognising bottlenecks in work processes between teams
- Determine customers’ needs and expectations while partnering closely with engineers ensuring continuous improvement of our products and remediate underlying systemic issues
- Bridge the gap in discussions between technology and non-technology personnel
- Exemplify Expedia Groups Culture by understanding, advocating, and demonstrating its values
Who you are:
- An inclusive and empathetic technical leader from a good software engineering background
- Excellent understanding of software development practices, with a proven record in roadmap delivery and execution
- Versed in one or more object-oriented language such as Java, Golang, Kotlin
- You savour the challenge of delivering products to other engineers and love supporting engineers to take pride in systems that are “always on”
- Your inclination is to cooperate with your peers vs. competing with them
However, it wouldn't hurt if you have experience with some of the following (or a passion to learn):
- Solving sophisticated software engineering problems in a fast-paced changing environment
- Participated and or built a community of practice, bringing people together to share and or gain knowledge
- Site reliability engineering, taking advantage of chaos engineering principles and proactively running experiments on applications and runtime platforms
- Cloud computing (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Containerisation and orchestration platforms (e.g Docker and Kubernetes)
As a team, we love to:
- Work in an environment where elegant, clean, maintainable code is favoured
- Share our technical knowledge with each other and learn new things
- Expand our skills in building highly scalable solutions while influencing others and setting a higher standard on the overall level of excellence within the team
- Advocate the value of reliability engineering and forward-thinking engineering, using technical writing to expose our team to a wider population inside and outside Expedia
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is lifeatexpediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
United Kingdom - London
ID # R-75701
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.