Senior Data Engineer
India - Haryana - Gurgaon
ID # R-86148
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Senior Data Engineer
A high performing and influential individual contributor who leads by example while continuing to mentor junior engineers, interacts consistently with tech leadership in the local organization, leads complex and vaguely-defined projects, and stretches into team leadership skills based on current projects.
What you'll do:
• Extends outside of direct organization and collaborate with peers across a senior level organization.
• Leads a community of practice and bring people together for shared learning.
• Partners with the business to have a clear understanding of how own technology stack is tied to business outcomes and our bottom line.
• Successfully conducts day-to-day work and solves complex issues in own specific technical engineering area.
• Shares domain and Industry knowledge between cross-functional teams.
• Serves as a guide to others by sharing and helping junior associates in their duties.
• Is recognized ability to fill in for peer engineering management as need arises.
• Advocates efforts to remove tech roadblocks for their team for long term success.
• Demonstrates positive impact and leadership outside immediate team scope.
• Possesses knowledge of features and facilities for integration, and communication among applications, databases and technology platforms to bring together different components and form a fully functional solution to a business problem.
• Has proven ability, experience and advanced knowledge of building and operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets.
• Creatively tests and maintains software applications and related programs and procedures by using a variety of software development tools following design requirements of customer.
• Acts as a spokesperson for software design best practices.
• Researches and recommends frameworks and architectural/code design patterns [NG] for large scale data processing in a scalable distributed environment.
• Advises on designing, performance/scalability tuning of batch and real time stream analytics and large data processing systems.
• Identifies areas of improvements within the code and suggests solutions.
• Advocates for operational excellence (such as unit testing, establishing SLAs, programming for resiliency and scalability).
• Advises on technical limitations of software design for products and provides alternative solutions.
• Facilitates collaboration with different stakeholders with varied perspectives to develop effective solutions to issues.
• Strives for optimum organizational efficiency by applying systems thinking across boundaries and making recommendations about policies/ processes.
• Takes a whole systems approach to analyze issues and implements holistic solutions by ensuring that linkages between structure, people, process and technology are made.
• Recognizes outmoded methods of operation with current systems and design plans for disrupting them in a non-disruptive manner.
•Designs and leads advancements, innovations and changes in current solution designs relating to latest advancements in software engineering (specifically related to data engineering, cloud data platforms, data models, enterprise information management, business intelligence and data science).
• Reports on status of difficult or high-level projects to local tech leadership via written or oral means. Ensures documentation is complete.
• Justifies technology choices to both technical and non-technical observers.
• Shares technology learnings and best practices across engineering community in organization.
Who you are:
8+ years software development experience in an enterprise level engineering environment demonstrating increasing levels of technical leadership
5+ years hands-on big data engineering experience with excellent understanding of delivering BI and AI projects
Experience architecting, developing, and successfully delivering complex, large-scale systems
Fluent in one or more of the following languages: Python, Java, Scala and AWS or equivalent cloud technology
Worked in at least in 2 multi-quarter data engineering projects.
Worked in decentralized teams and projects.
Formally mentored at least 3 individual contributors.
Built hihigh-performancescalable data products.
Drove technical design end to end of at least 3 data engineering projects.
Initiated, socialized and executed upon at least 3 non-trivial changes that benefited the larger engineering community.
Bachelor's or Master's or equivalent experience.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.