Software Development Engineer III
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Software Development Engineer III
Do you want to drive innovation in the travel industry? Does the prospect of crafting an industry-leading experience excite you? Would you like to work side-by-side with outstanding engineers, designers, and other team members with strategic ideas? If yes, the Expedia for Business, Studio team has your next career opportunity. We are seeking a creative Software Engineer to create and grow leading products for a variety of partners using data and technology.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology. Collectively, the Expedia brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. Each month, millions of consumers trust Expedia to travel around the world, and we believe that this contributes to making the world a more open and better place. Providing the best travel options in the world requires having an awesome marketplace that accommodation providers find engaging and relevant.
Our team is part of a creative studio within Expedia that is unlocking new ways to explore travel and help power all the technology pieces that make it happen. With a combination of working with many of the latest development tools, in a creative space where there is an opportunity to be involved in turning the next great idea from inspiration to reality and helping our partners and travellers experience the world
Key Responsibilities include:
- Bring together different stakeholders with varied perspectives to develop solutions to issues and contributes your own suggestions.
- Think holistically to identify opportunities around policies/processes to increase efficiency across organisational boundaries.
- Compile and report on major operational or technical initiatives to larger groups, whether via written or oral means.
- Continually seek new technical skills in the area of dynamic web applications and share them with colleagues.
- Monitor and support our applications, systems and APIs
- Lead/clarify code evolution in code reviews.
- Develop performant responsive interactive technology for dynamic web applications
- Ability to look at the wider context, to quickly think at the high-level picture both technically and timely
Who you are:
- A high-performing individual contributor who acts as a mentor to more junior engineers, applied new engineering principles to improve existing systems and is responsible for leading complex well-defined projects.
- Proven experience in ReactJS (Preferably with Typescript) or similar framework (Angular, Vue, NextJS)
- Experience in Node.js and a Node based web framework (Hapi, Express, or other)
- Experience in unit testing code with JEST, enzyme, Jasmine, Karma, Mocha or Chai
- Ability to integrate with APIs to be consumed across the business unit.
- Ability to debug and fix issues within established SLAs
- Demonstrates knowledge of advanced and relevant technologies.
- Strong sense of business acumen
- Ability to identify business problems at the project level and provide solutions.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
United Kingdom - London
ID # R-79429
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.