Insight Analytics Manager, Data Science
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Advanced Analytics & Insight Manager, Expedia Group
Are you passionate about data and analytics? Do you want to be at the forefront of a truly customer-centric organisation?
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist (internally known as Data Scientist III, Analytics) to join our Customer Analytics Team. As a core member of our team, you will be working with data and applying advanced data science techniques in a fun and stimulating environment. There are a variety of exciting projects that you will work on to drive business strategy. Your insights will be used to enhance our customer value proposition, improve customer acquisition and engagement, drive customer lifetime value, deliver an amazing customer experience and better understand the customer behaviour across multiple brands own by Expedia Group. This is an exciting opportunity for a team-player who wants to be a central part of a truly customer focused team.
The successful individual will be able to work with minimal instruction and oversight, enjoy working on multiple tasks and projects at the same time and own projects end to end. Critical to your success in this role is a love of data (we love data!) - developing insightful analysis that you communicate in a clear and compelling way.
What you'll do
- Apply advanced analytical techniques, statistical knowledge, machine learning, and big data handling skills to support our commercial stakeholders’ decision-making
- Use your creativity and commercial acumen to translate business problems into structured analytical questions, and choose the most appropriate methodologies to answer these questions
- Own the relationships with our Marketing stakeholders, and work autonomously to prioritise and execute on the most impactful analytics projects
- Influence partners and senior leaders through communicating across various levels of the organization using clear and compelling storytelling and presentations
- Prioritise multiple tasks and workstreams simultaneously and own projects end to end
Who you are
- Bachelor's, Master’s, PhD; Mathematics, Science, Statistics, Economics degree; or Equivalent related professional experience is applicable
- 5+ years experience in a similar analytical role
- Strong SQL skills; demonstrated experience of using R/PySpark to structure, transform and visualize big data, and a willingness to learn new frameworks and languages required for the task
- Display a true passion for data and analytics as well as possessing a strong commercial awareness.
- A high performing individual contributor who consistently applies - and often enhances - the analytical capabilities, principles and playbooks to solve complex business issues and opportunities
- Develops and drives significant and sustained change and performance improvement from data driven insights in a number of different areas or contexts
- Experience partnering with senior management and collaborating with other teams (eg. Product, Engineering, Strategy etc) to deliver projects
- Experience of developing, and delivering, presentations that help people understand the insight from sophisticated analytics
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure, dynamic environment and be comfortable with a high level of ambiguity.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better - that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a desire to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
United Kingdom - London
ID # R-77277
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.