Corporate Counsel - Enterprise Solutions
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Corporate Counsel - (E4B Demand; Enterprise Solutions)
Expedia is looking for Corporate Counsel to join its legal team, supporting the Enterprise Solutions portion of the Expedia for Business (E4B) organization which is responsible for Expedia’s largest enterprise partnerships. In this role, you will have responsibility for handling a variety of complex, commercial transactions and partnering with a fast-paced business team to providing legal advice on product development, contract interpretation, new business initiatives, changes in law and other commercial and regulatory matters.
As a global leader in the travel industry with a strong focus on innovation and technology, Expedia Group offers a unique opportunity to work on a diverse spectrum of matters. This position is part of the Expedia Legal and Corporate Affairs team based in Seattle - a globally oriented legal team that is proactive, collaborative and highly-respected, and where you can work closely with internal clients in an exciting and challenging environment.
What you’ll do:
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide range of agreements (e.g., partner marketing agreements, third party technology provider agreements, services agreements, and other complex, commercial agreements)
- Advising business teams and business leaders on a wide range of commercial and regulatory issues and handling pre-litigation disputes
- Developing, implementing, and managing standardized legal processes
- Providing legal advice to product and tech teams
- Managing and interfacing with outside legal counsel, including managing a legal budget
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders such as tax, treasury, privacy and security to deliver comprehensive legal guidance to the business teams
- Providing proactive legal education to internal teams
Who you are:
- J.D. degree and membership in good standing in at least one state bar (Washington preferred)
- A minimum of 5 years’ legal experience with a top regional or national law firm or experience working in a fast-paced, in-house legal environment
- A strong background negotiating, reviewing and drafting complex commercial transactions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and work ethic
- Ability to work on a wide range of complex matters with minimal supervision
- Track record of establishing strong working relationships with business clients and within the legal department/law firm
- International experience and in-house experience are a plus
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
United States - Washington - Seattle
Legal and Government Affairs
ID # R-77922
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.