Customer Product Support Associate (Kuala Lumpur)
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Customer Product Support Associate
Do you have a meticulous eye for detail? Are you a creative problem-solver? If so, the Technical Data Management team (TDM), a division of the TS&T (Technical Solutions & Tools) is looking for you! The Customer Product Support Associate is accountable for maintaining the integrity of the large volume of lodging-related data that Expedia presents online. The position requires creating and maintaining timely and accurate hotel data to support global websites, solving data related issues with the appropriate development teams, process improvement, special projects, and ad hoc data requests. Additional responsibilities include providing support and guidance to external customers and vendors and to internal groups globally.
In this role, you are responsible for maintaining the integrity of a large volume of lodging-related data; you will work to meet and exceed operational and technical needs of our internal and external customers. You will update, analyze, diagnose and problem-solve lodging-related data with the ability to articulate and communicate
What you’ll do:
- Verification and creation of new lodging property IDs, property global status, points of sale, source provider rules, and other lodging data points for site consumption.
- Support Multi-Source partner feeds via EPIC for 3PI and API partners by researching and deduping properties that miss the confidence level for action in MS. Research onboarding failures for EPIC providers.
- Maintain GDS API data, research issues and report to appropriate GDS in support of Egencia.
- Coordinate with internal customers, lodging partners and third-party vendors with testing, problem resolution and critical issues.
- Support internal tool development with data, research, and testing.
- Clean database by identifying duplicates, merging duplicate data in Salesforce and LCM.
- Working directly with Property Suppliers and vendors to assure that the correct information is identified for a property, as well as ensuring that booking identification and brand information is correct.
- Work with other teams LPS, Finance, Legal, SEO/SEM, and Brands.
- Rotational subject matter expert (SME) in various areas requiring practiced knowledge, documentation maintenance, and team training.
- Subject matter presentations to TDM external groups
Who you are:
- Analytical with a high attention to detail.
- Background in data management and data compliance
- Ability to work independently while being a collaborative team member.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other teams
- Creative and process improvement skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication.
- Curiosity and desire to learn.
- Ability to Influence outcomes.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (intermediate Excel knowledge preferred)
- At least 2 years Hotel industry, Travel Agency, or GDS knowledge/experience preferred
- Proficiency with Salesforce/OMNI/SQL scripts preferred (Proficient with SQL script writing/updating)
- Excellent troubleshooting & problem-solving skills
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
Malaysia - Selangor - Subang Jaya
Operations & Services
ID # R-75176
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.