If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Customer Service Representative - Tier 3
Customer Service Tier 3 Team is responsible for handling all Expedia’s service issues that route via various channels to Tier 3. We enable each of our customer transactions to flow seamlessly from the click of a button on one of our brand sites all the way through to our general ledger system and into the P&L. By bringing together product, technology, and operations, we accelerate innovation, enable test and learn, and constantly push ourselves to evolve and innovate for the business.
What you'll do:
• Lead the resolution service issues and priority escalations from identified sources
• Research, analyse and resolve customer issues in an accurate and timely manner by using appropriate tools and resources to assess situations and create resolutions, while maintaining ownership of the issue.
• Research and analyse data from various sources and tools - especially GDS (Airline Computer Reservation Systems) to close customer and supplier issues
• Assist in the development, testing, and communication of operational policies and procedures
• Identify service problems and conduct root cause analysis whilst signposting possible solutions
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with agents, peers, management, corporate, network, co-workers, and partners.
• Flexible approach to ensure established service levels are achieved at all times
• Must maintain up-to-date Customer Support Agent skill set
• Must have proficiency of payment processing and reconciliation systems and tools
• Must maintain confidentiality
• Team player within the Global Service Delivery Tier 3 team
• Other duties and projects as assigned
Who you are:
• Customer centric attributes and traveller-focused with the ability to work effectively and professionally with both internal and external customers.
• Ability to perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, persuading or speaking with others.
• Advanced analysis skills to include skill in situational analysis and risk mitigation. Demonstrate strong research skills in all lines of business.
• Ability to work in high stress environment; managing stress in a professional manner and without disruption to the operation, employees, or customers.
• Track record of exhibiting good judgment and common sense. Skilled in fair and impartial judgment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to assess customer needs and adjust communication style accordingly.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to positively influence others.
• Strong organisational skills with ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
• Strong technical skills and computer knowledge, including all Microsoft Office programs, with preference for extensive knowledge of Expedia Inc. Tools, Amadeus & Sabre (GDS knowledge Proficiency with Website and Functionality)
• Thorough and complete knowledge of travel industry procedures, policies and applications in APAC, EMEA, and the US
• Ability to identify business inconsistencies and/or red flags
• Ability to effectively multi-task and follow-through in a timely manner
• Ability to adapt well to change
• Strong attention to detail
• Creative problem-solving skills
• Educated to Advance Level or Senior School equivalent at least.
• Knowledge of case management software and tools
• Excellent written and spoken English, and a demonstrable interest in English language (i.e. film, books etc.)
• Ability to understand and empathise customer issues, and provide accurate answers in response
• Positive & proactive attitude, and excellent attention to detail
• Should be flexible with shifts and able to work in a 24*7 environment
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is lifeatexpediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
India - Haryana - Gurgaon
Operations & Services
ID # R-75193
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.