Data Engineer II
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Data Engineer II
Expedia Group (EG) is revolutionizing travel through the power of technology. Across the globe, our brands make travel easier for millions of people who want to step out of their homes and into the world. We’re a hardworking and focused team from all over the world - with 20,000 + employees, in over 30 countries. Together we seek new ideas, innovative ways of thinking, diverse backgrounds, and approaches.
Our Mission as EG’s Customer Data Platform team isto build the travel industry's premier customer data platform to delight the users' trips experiences through identification, personalization, AI, recommendations, and targeted marketing.We are looking for a Data Engineer with experience in building data products and applications, who can craft, develop, and own the next generation of scalable real-time customer data products and services.
What you’ll do:
- Technologies: Java 8, Python, Scala, Spark, K-Streams, Elastic Search, and Linux!
- Develop fast, scalable, highly available, and reliable property status software that will control the enabled status for all of Expedia’s properties
- You will scale our services to tens of thousands of requests per second
- Use real-time data to understand performance and ensure system scalability
- Dockerize our apps and services for cloud deployment
- You will develop property status funnel features that will drive our business through real-time feedback loops
- Scale our public API’s to give other partners the ability to leverage new Expedia Group services
- Scale our private API’s to allow enhanced Expedia UI experiences
- Simplify our core property status workflow to improve both our travelers’ & suppliers’ experience
- Backend development building applications from concept to completion
- You will commit to vigilantly rewriting, refactoring, and perfecting code
- Dedicated to delivering tested and optimized high performance code for a distributed SOA environment
- Develop quality scalable, tested, and reliable applications using industry standard methodologies
- Work in an agile environment with product management and operations
- Build and maintain quality software using world-class tools: Git, Splunk, Datadog, New Relic, etc.
- Participate in resolution of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions
- Opportunities to showcase your work on our tech blog and internal & external conferences
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or in a related technical field; or equivalent related professional experience
- 2 - 5 years of proven experience in related field
- Experience building data pipelines with data from event streams, on distributed data systems (AWS/Hadoop)
- Batch and/or stream processing experience using Spark, K-Streams, Kafka
- Experience building low-latency data product APIs
- You love the sight of a long list of automated test suites going green
- You value strong pull request reviews, understand when to stand your ground and when to let go
- You are a self-starter who is highly organized, communicative, quick learner, and team-oriented
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
India - Haryana - Gurgaon
ID # R-80268
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.