Data Engineer III, Advertising Platform
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
The Expedia Media Solutions Ads Engineering team is seeking a Data Engineer that is passionate about building and scaling our Advertising Data Services Platform. As an engineer with our advertising team you will work with technologies to design, develop and maintain our advertising platform. The ideal candidate is an engineer with extensive knowledge of the software development process and an understanding of distributed systems.
What you’ll do:
- Develop clear, elegant, and maintainable code primarily using Java, Scala, and design scalable, fault tolerant software components for serving ads
- Create and develop scalable customer facing web services
- Hands-on development attitude with a willingness to solve complex problems & build brand-new products end-to-end.
- Demonstrate a structured approach to development (measuring, monitoring, and testing) and a deep understanding of object-oriented design.
- Apply best practices, algorithms, design patterns and data structures to create efficient and fault tolerant systems.
- Hands-on development mentality with a willingness to troubleshoot and participate in code & design reviews.
Who you are:
- Strong object-oriented development skills. Ability to learn and adopt new technologies.
- Understanding of Unix/Linux system internals, administration, and scripting.
- Hands-on experience building large scale web services using AWS tools, relational and no-sql databases.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Top desired 3 skill sets - Java, large scale web services, distributed systems (storm/flink/spark)
- Previous experience required/preferred - AWS, No SQL DB, SQL DB, Full stack development
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
United States - Washington - Seattle
ID # R-77174
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.