Director, Market Management (Tokyo)
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Director, Market Management
The Director of Market Management will have a strong background managing geographically diverse, results-oriented organizations, with an emphasis on consultative account management principles. With a core focus on leading regional Market Management team(s), we see the key objective of this role will be to provide the guidance and leadership to teams to ensure that revenue targets are exceeded within the region.
You will bring a strong eye for business coupled with marketplace knowledge, multi-layer people leadership, and a high level of consulting account management expertise to the role.
In addition, you will motivate, coach and mentor a diverse and geographically fragmented organization will ensure success within this assignment.
The ability to operate in highly complex regulatory and industrial frameworks and establish and develop great relationships with both internal and external customers will be a key to the success of the role.
What you'll do
Focus primarily on leading a multiple-level team within Market Management and regional accounts, and acting as the regional representative for internal or external Expedia Group (EG) initiatives
- We will ask you to Execute on leadership strategy and commit to exceeding plan number
- Coaches peers and team members in executing against strategies and teaches the subtleties of account managing strategic or high-impact agreements
- Develop strong successors throughout the organization
- Lead initiatives across multiple regions/Super Region level requiring cross team/functional collaboration
- Support local & regional chain discussions and directly manage various relationships at this level
- Participates in industry events and speaking engagements to share deep industry knowledge, forming long-term, influential relationships in the process
- Gains deep insight into the market through developing long-term strategic alliances and partnerships that increase the company's competitive advantage and delivers intelligence to internal competitive tools
- Guides Market Managers in prioritizing opportunities for business growth and supports negotiations in the field when beneficial
- Focuses on developing mutually beneficial internal relationships across the company functions in the pursuit of innovative opportunity development. Drives internal, cross-functional navigation to facilitate and solve issues encountered by the team
- Influences external decision makers to partner with Expedia and to expand Expedia’s industry influence within various markets. Monitors the industry for creative ideas and solutions that can be used with partners
- Leads the organization by communicating strategy and market insights, fostering an agile work environment, identifying and coaching talent, and building an external and internal pipeline
- Other reasonable duties, as assigned
Supervision to be Exercised and Received
- 4-7 Area Managers or Senior Market Managers
- Guidance from Senior Director, Market Management
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree; MBA or other postgraduate qualification desired; or equivalent related professional experience
- 8 - 10 years progressive experience in managing geographically dispersed organizations, ideally in the hospitality or travel industry
- Previous experience in commercially driven roles across a multinational organizational
- Past success in mentoring and building multi-layer leadership organizations that cater to longterm customer relationships
- Strong business insight with a desire to have experience in consultancy related environments
- Monitor and successfully lead individual marketplace success with the core goal of exceeding revenue targets
- Execute marketplace initiatives by maximizing margin opportunity, obtaining lodging rates and availability information, and driving long-term relationships with our supply partners
- Drive relevant data sets and deliver actionable information to the assigned customer base
- Polished Communication & Influencing capabilities
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of yield management principles and practices
- Strong focus on “team” with a “get it done” attitude
- Experience working in a flexible, fast-paced ever-changing and challenging environment
- Fluency in Japanese and English
- Establishes and builds healthy working unions.
- Evaluates with an understanding of products, services, and the market for the purpose of obtaining favorable arrangements for Expedia.
Written & Spoken Communications, Listening, and Influencing skills
- Fluency in Japanese and English
- Conveys, receives and interprets ideas and information, present information appropriately to a diverse range of audiences, and influences partner decisions.
Build & Maintain Teams
- Encourages, motivates, and guides individuals and teams in learning and improving effectiveness and develops and improves performance.
- Develops goals, ideas, and initiatives that improve the organization's performance, manage costs, and motivate change at all levels.
Drive for Results
- Driving high standards for individual, team, and organizational accomplishment; tenaciously working to meet or exceed challenging goals; deriving satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
Japan - Tokyo
ID # R-83994
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.