Director, People Technology Engineering
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
An experienced people leader responsible for a diverse team of senior engineers and managers. Brings experience and strategic thought leadership to the People Technology (HR Tech) team including enterprise architecture, SaaS application configuration, integration, technical operations, and engineering best practices. Understands how the HR function works and leads of large team of technologists responsible for solving people problems with technology.
Functional/ Technical Skills
• Responsible for People Technology work across multiple technical domains, including Workday, ServiceNow and AWS
• Responsible for Enterprise Architecture and Systems Thinking across the organization
• Presents new technology choices to technical and non-technical observers.
• Guides others to make well defined technology choices.
• Combines knowledge and skills in more than one functional area to promote effectiveness across the team
• Leads collaboration with key stakeholders and contributes subject matter expertise to develop unique solutions to complex issues.
• Enables optimum organizational efficiency by taking a whole systems approach and thinking across boundaries to identify which polices/processes should be standardized and which should differ.
• Provides guidance when evaluating the impacts of a solution to ensure linkages between structure, people, process and technology.
• Creatively develops tools, visual aids and other original content to support the understanding/education of complex and technical information (e.g., legal, operational risk, and regulatory data).
• Applies knowledge of emerging technology trends and best practices to show the potential business application of technology improvements.
• Communicates clearly to all levels of executive leadership and stakeholders and sets the example in terms of technical communication and influence
• Builds strong global teams by mentoring managers to empower team members
• Balances multiple time zones, skill levels and cultures to optimize the effectiveness of the organization
• Places individuals in roles and assignments that contribute to their personal and career development.
• Coaches managers on building trusting, candid relationships with their teams to enable productive development conversations.
• Holds self and team accountable for setting and meeting departmental goals.
• Identifies and resolves issues that may impair the teams' ability to meet strategic, financial and technical goals.
• Helps team members identify and build key relationships and networks inside and outside the organization.
• Guides others on the best practices and approaches for creating clear, concise and organized communication materials to convey technical concepts in a user-friendly way.
• Challenges others to bring fresh and creative perspective to differentiating technical communications and ensuring comprehension and ease-of-use for various audiences.
• Reviews skill and expertise requirements across the department or multiple teams and ensures that enough people are trained or cross-trained to achieve work goals.
• Creates contingency resource plans to ensure continuity of work processes in the face of a delay or shortage in financial/material resources.
• Recognizes and rewards appropriate resource utilization and creative suggestions to gain efficiency in resource usage.
Role Specific Qualities
• HCM and HR Tech Application experience (preferably Workday and ServiceNow
• Working with Enterprise Data structures, including Data Lake/Data Store, for analytical uses
• Exposure to holistic Systems Architecture, including Information, Security, Data, & Enterprise
• Managing a global team and working flexible hours
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
United States - Washington - Seattle
ID # R-77632
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.