Director/ Sr Director, Finance and Credit Management
Spain - Madrid
ID # R-85765-1
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Senior Director Finance & Credit Management
In this critical leadership role, you will lead Expedia Finance team dedicated to manage and control the credit function for our Private Solutions Partners. You will report to the CFO of E4B and will be a strategic partner to the private label solutions leadership team, accountable for a team who manage a +$2Bn portfolio. You will also be responsible for weekly reporting updates, alignment across commercial finance, sales and controllership, and get involved in monthly forecast, and annual planning processes as required, as well as for delivering high quality financial reporting and strategic insight across the business.
As a well-rounded finance leader, you will be experienced in delivering sustainable financial growth by being a commercially astute business partner engaging and influencing at all levels and executing on key results. Success will stem from curiosity and a passion and hunger to improve financial understanding, forecasts/outlooks, systems and performance by deeply understanding the E4B processes and strategy and how Finance can achieve this target.
What you’ll do:
- Drive credit management strategy that supports commercial growth while protecting working capital
- Drive Expedia Affiliate Collect Program reporting and cadence providing weekly updates to E4B CFO
- Owns Credit Management policy and ensure this is up to date and all teams involved are aware of the changes
- Provides monthly updates to head of Group Treasury and quarterly updates to Group CFO
- Manage the full cycle of credit including account closures
- Drive continuous improvement in processes and techniques to maximize cash collection and at the same time maintain customer goodwill
- Lead credit maintenance and credit related product due diligence, and selective credit initiatives
- Ensures risk assessments are performed regularly by the team to identify any risk and come up with alternatives to minimize risk
- Review credit applications, credit limits including risk analysis, new account set ups
- Assesses potential customers' creditworthiness and conducts reviews of existing customers optimizing company sales
- Assist in the legal negotiation and closing process for new investments
- Monitor payments and bad debts and drives efficiency in processes
- Experience in negotiating contract terms and eligibility approval as collateral will be very valuable. Previous experience in credit management is desired.
- Works closely with Sales team to align credit strategy and growth strategy
- Works closely with the Controllership team to resolve operational issues
- Ensures all key stakeholders: Sales, Controllership, Partner Finance and E4B CFO are aligned on key strategic decisions and ensures all decisions are documented
- Leads implementation of new credit management tool aligning internal resources and priorities.
- Drives cross functional alignment across the business and provides clarity and guidance as needed
- Provides the team with guidance and leadership on key strategic topics and priorities
Who you are:
- Self-driven leader, motivated by continuous improvement and a transformative approach
- Passion for solving complex and strategically important business problems in an agile environment, displaying dedication, as well as an ambition for innovative thinking.
- Extraordinary stakeholder management and leadership skills, and tried and tested change and leadership skills coupled with intellectual curiosity to identify new ideas and challenge the status quo.
- Leads, develops and coach a team of senior partner executives.
- Strong leadership, communication, collaboration and coaching skills will be critical in this role.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.