If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
The Expedia for Business division is looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to join our team. The ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for making leaders and organizations better, through relationships, collaboration and keeping things running with great process. This position requires someone who is organized; has excellent communication skills; shows initiative, and drive; and the ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with little direction.
To be successful, the candidate will have the ability to anticipate and remove administrative roadblocks; make timely decisions; have strong planning and organizational skills; experience with supporting multiple VPs locally and remote and supporting teams with domestic and international employees.
The candidate should be able to build effective working relationships across boundaries and accommodate work styles and perspectives of diverse individuals around the world.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and maintain multiple Vice Presidents’ complex calendars on a daily, monthly, quarterly, annual basis to ensure accurate scheduling and organization
- Make decisions on behalf of the Vice Presidents’ to ensure meeting requests meet with time management priorities and performance objectives
- Coordinate heavy domestic and international travel including scheduling and end-to-end logistics and timely expense report processing
- Coordinate Vice Presidents' staff meetings, events and off sites, including agenda management, meeting logistics, and material preparation
- Arrange team morale events and/or broader division-wide event
- Develop and lead administrative processes for a globally distributed team including but not limited to, space coordination, procurement, alias management, new/internal new hire onboarding, and event management
- Exercise sound judgement, tact, diplomacy, integrity and professionalism in all transactions to include communicating and working with highly confidential and sensitive information
- Build and maintain good business relationships with executive level and counterpart administrative staff both internally as well as across the organizations we work closely with
Who you are:
- 3 years+ of experience of relevant work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Experience with expense reporting and travel management tools (Concur & Egencia preferred)
- Sound judgement and decision making
- Ability to multi-task and take requests from multiple individuals
- Work in assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgement is required to resolving problems and making routine recommendations
- Effective communicator, written and verbal
- 1:3 for SVP/VP
- Functional/ Technical Skills
- Calendar Management
- Travel Coordination
- Expense Tracking
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office
- Receives multiple information requests and anticipates information monitoring needs.
- Uses information management tools (e.g. Basecamp, SharePoint, Workday, Streams) and documents standard processes for sharing information using those tools (e.g., how to send a link to information/files and track receipt).
- Uses organized systems to store or archive information/files as appropriate, and follows company protocols for disposing of sensitive information.
- Orchestrates logistics for team events both onsite and offsite teams including catering, room setup, and room planning.
- Manages administrative tasks for implementation of employee engagement activities/events.
- Continuously reviews personal results against desired standards and takes corrective action to ensure success.
- Proactively takes on assignments to stretch own capabilities and contributes to overall team performance levels,
- Develops understanding of organizational terminology, org structure of whole company.
- Ensures there is coverage during absence. Provides coverage for peers when absent.
- Balances several projects and tasks simultaneously with minimal error and without losing track of important details or deliverables.
- Recognizes inefficiencies in process and makes independent and scalable recommendations/changes to improve efficiency.
- Considers team members’ time commitments in creating schedules and planning meetings.
- Tracks deadlines follows up with team members to ensure deadlines are successfully met.
- Acts as go-to point of contact for all internal and external communications; fielding emails and messages and managing correspondence as appropriate.
- Attends offsite meetings and takes notes.
- Manages daily schedules and sets up personal appointments for the executives.
- Coordinates all travel arrangements, including itineraries, flight check-in, transportation to and from airport, etc.
- Manages group calendar for team.
- Builds strong relationships across the organization with internal and external stakeholders.
- Handles confidential information with integrity.
- Connects with extended EA teams to proactively plan team's calendar needs.
- Connects in with team members to ensure that their leader's calendar is best accommodating the team's needs.
- Processes expenses, handles vendor set-up and corporate credit card reconciliation.
- Handles vendor set up and invoicing for suppliers not paid through credit card.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
United Kingdom - London
ID # R-76612
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.