Global Stock & Tax Analyst
United States - Washington - Seattle
ID # R-84958
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
The Global Stock & Tax Analyst is responsible for assisting the International Payroll Tax Senior Manager with the oversight of the global employment tax portfolio within the Global Payroll organization and requires independent thinking and actions in handling the employment tax analysis. This role is also responsible for proactive collaboration with key internal business partners. The individual must be able to creatively think of ways to connect and combine large volumes of data from a variety of sources, interact, filter and mine data to share insights and ensure a compliant payroll. Knowledge of international labor and employment tax regulations is critical. You will determine process improvement actions, work with system integrations, develop plans and implement those actions across end-to-end methodology.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with Stock team to execute processes and procedures for global equity tax reporting compliance, including income reporting & tax withholding for new jurisdictions.
- Support employee inquires around payroll and equity taxation; including impacts of mobility.
- Actively participate with Stock team in strategic projects, process improvements, automation initiatives, and M&A activity
- Maintain strong relationship with key stakeholders to ensure that the Global Payroll data is meeting compliance requirements
- Keen to always improve process flow and increase efficiency / accuracy of the data flow
- Verify compliance with government payroll/tax requirements; stay current with changes in the law; implement/audit current processes to ensure compliance.
- Receive, research, determine root cause, and resolve incoming tax notices from various agencies.
- Assist with internal or external audits of records, workers compensation, tax filings, SOX, and other related documentation (compliance).
- Partner closely with Corporate Accounting, Stock, Mobility, and Corporate Tax departments to ensure accurate GL & tax reporting.
- Support and assists the team on day-to-day payroll activities as an Employment Tax Subject-Matter-Expert.
- Perform audits of data prior to payroll completion and follow all established controls.
- Complete post payroll audits, prepare metrics, and track errors using technology and reporting tools.
- Assist with quarterly wage and tax filing requirements, balancing, and year end reporting.
- Manage daily/monthly/quarterly wage reconciliations and tax filing requirements- including year-end reporting and amendments.
- Support transitions in mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting, Tax, or related field of study; CEP or ECA certification is preferred not required
- Minimum of 3 years of employment tax experience in an international context (experience with Big 4, Professional Employment Organization (PEO) is a plus)
- Strong knowledge of stock/equity compensation plans in a globally mobile environment
- Experience with year-end reporting, compensation collection, and tax clearance reporting
- Experience with mobility tax (income tax treaties, certificates of coverage, social tax agreements)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong research and writing skills
- Proven analytical and trouble shooting skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment; you relish cross-functional relationship building and are comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and under pressure
- Advanced Excel level, proficient with all other Office applications
Starting pay for this role will vary based on multiple factors, including location, available budget, and an individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience. Pay ranges may be modified in the future.
Expedia Group is proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including medical/dental/vision, paid time off, and an Employee Assistance Program. To fuel each employee’s passion for travel, we offer a wellness & travel reimbursement, travel discounts, and an International Airlines Travel Agent (IATAN) membership.View our full list of benefits.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.