Internal Investigations Manager
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Expedia Group is seeking a highly-motivated, self-starting, Internal Investigations Manager to work with our Internal Investigations and Compliance Management team as part of Expedia Group’s (EG) Corporate Audit Services Department (CAS).
CAS performs global integrated and stand-alone operational audits and risk advisory services of business and IT processes across all Expedia Group brands and departments to address compliance, financial, operational, and strategic risks, as well as performs internal investigations based on either direct contact or matters identified through EG’s Helpline. Finally, the Compliance Management team in cooperation with Legal and Human Resources maintains EG’s Helpline and Policy Portal including the EG Code of Conduct.
The Internal Investigations Manager position will assist the Director of Internal Investigations with internal investigations, interviewing and summarizing findings. The Internal Investigations Manager must be capable of conducting investigative interviews, drafting interview notes and investigation reports independently. This position will also perform fraud and enterprise risk assessments and compliance related tasks. Based on information discovered through either investigations and/or fraud risk assessments formulate recommendations regarding business process and or IT controls enhancements to mitigate identified risks. Finally, this work shall be conducted within established Company policies and procedures and within professional guidelines for internal auditing and investigations.
This position will also perform compliance related tasks, including drafting and revising the employee code of conduct and related policies in cooperation with EG’s legal and human resources departments to respond to employee questions about company policies.
What you'll do:
- Conduct investigations into potential employee/contractor/third party vendor related fraudulent and/or irregular acts, while maintaining the strictest confidentiality, utilizing effective interviewing techniques and the use of proper evidence identification, collection and preservation methods
- Leverage the existing data sources and data analytics throughout Expedia Group to identify potential fraudulent/irregular activities in order to focus the investigative efforts on the highest value areas
- Prepare thorough, well-organized, unbiased and factual investigative reports and present the facts in a form that is suitable for dissemination to management, the audit committee, law enforcement and related third parties, as applicable
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with the Legal and Human Resources departments to coordinate investigations; preserve the company's rights and mitigate potential liabilities
- Perform fraud risk assessments to assess whether existing controls can be circumvented and the susceptibility of controls to management override
- Identify business process and information systems process gaps that can be exploited and work with management to analyze the cost benefit of mitigating the risk
- Pursue training and other opportunities to maintain a high level of expertise regarding fraud techniques, antifraud control activities and fraud-auditing procedures
- Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to Expedia's business
Who you are:
- Accounting or Data Analytics degree with at least 5 years of experience leading investigations
- Strong understanding of internal controls and investigative techniques is required
- Financial, operational and technology investigations experience preferred
- Understanding of and experience in programming, application or reporting development experience (SAS, SQL, Business Objects, MS SQL Server, Teradata, ACL) a plus
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Strong time and project management skills
- Tact, diplomacy and collaboration skills
- Successful candidates must be available to travel domestically and internationally
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
United States - Washington - Seattle
ID # R-77539
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.