International Tax Manager
Czechia - Prague
ID # R-86027
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
International Tax Manager
Expedia Group is seeking an International Tax Manager with international corporate income tax and transfer pricing experience to be based in our Prague office. You will be leading international aspects of the group’s income tax and transfer pricing compliance, planning, and tax controversy across Expedia Group’s businesses.
You will report to the Director, International Tax based in the US, and work with global resources on the International Tax team. You will need to have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and liaise closely with tax team members in London, Brazil, the US and Singapore as well as with Finance, Legal, Operational and Commercial teams.
We enjoy work/life balance, a strong and friendly work culture, and benefit from a supportive leadership team. We are a team that is passionate about travel, food, and international tax.
What you’ll do:
- Manage tax compliance and reporting matters related to foreign Expedia Group entities, including corporate income tax, transfer pricing, withholding tax and Digital Services Tax matters.
- Support international direct tax and transfer pricing controversy matters, including technical tax, financial and economic analysis; preparation of responses to tax authority requests; and participating in tax authority meetings.
- Partner with business leaders, global tax, finance, treasury, legal teams, and external advisers to advise on and execute tax aspects of various business initiatives, tax planning and tax operational matters.
- Contribute on automation efforts across international tax and transfer pricing.
- Monitor and analyze existing and proposed tax legislation.
Who you are:
- You will have 5+ years of strong international tax and/or transfer pricing experience, including Big 4 and/or relevant in-house experience.
- Experience with supporting and managing international direct tax and/or transfer pricing controversy matters.
- CPA/Chartered Accountant (or equivalents) and/or LLM, Masters in Taxation preferred.
- Highly motivated, with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and commercially - in email, reports, presentations, and meetings.
- Experience with using tax technology tools, particularly Alteryx, Tableau, Power Automate or other automation/visualization tools is a plus.
- Experience working with team members across geographies, collaborating and building relationships with stakeholders in commercial, financial and legal functions.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and communicate effectively across levels and functional teams.
- Committed to team development including providing clear expectations and transparent feedback to team members.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.