Mobile Engineer II (Android)
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Mobile Engineer II (Android)
We all like to travel, but do you really love to shop for great trip experiences? I mean, are you seriously addicted to shopping for dream vacations? Do you always dive-deep when planning vacations to consider photos, reviews, location, reviews, price and other factors in your decision? Finally, do you like to plan that perfect vacation on your Android device?
If you answered yes, Yes, YES, then would you enjoy providing great vacation experiences to everyone, by delivering the experience itself on Android? If so, then you might be a Shopaholic. At Expedia Group, the Shopaholics are the teams that develop, manage and maintain the search results page and property details pages for the Vrbo brand. Come build the future of travel with us!
Android Developers at Expedia Group develop solutions and products that touch millions of people every day around the globe. Our engineers seek some of the most sophisticated problems in the world of travel across various brands - Expedia, Vrbo,Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and others. We are looking for strong technical talent as well as a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability.
You'll work alongside the best and the brightest engineering talent in the industry. As a member of the team, you'll estimate engineering efforts, design your changes, implement, and test your changes, push to live, and triage production issues. You need to be collaborative, and curious as we build new experiences and improve existing products powering the world's largest travel mobile apps at a scale only a few companies can match.
What you will do:
- Contribute to the development and quality of features being implemented on the Expedia Group Android apps
- Provide and participate in code reviews to assess overall code quality and flexibility, and the application of good object-oriented programming techniques
- Drive continuous improvement and continuous delivery in our software development process within an agile development team
- Write automated unit, system, and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines
- Collaborate with team members to co-develop and resolve problems
- Understand the importance of system and technology integration and the basic features and facilities involved in the integration process
- Apply formal training methods to current workload
- Feel comfortable challenging authority/the status quo
- Help coordinate partnership input and collaboration efforts when developing solutions to issues - report clearly on current work status and you ask challenging questions when empowered to do so
Who you are:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field; or equivalent related professional experience
- 2+ years of experience working in an Android environment
- Experience developing features in Kotlin - Knowledge of API service connection paradigms
- Understanding of client/server architectures - Understanding of mobile development standard methodologies
- Excited to pick up, learn and run with new technologies and frameworks such as Jetpack Compose and GraphQL
- Love all aspects of application development, from brainstorming and design to implementation and launch
- A dedicated Android engineer with experience seeking a variety of outstanding challenges
Starting pay for this role will vary based on multiple factors, including location, available budget, and an individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience. Pay ranges may be modified in the future.
Expedia Group is proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including medical/dental/vision, paid time off, and an Employee Assistance Program. To fuel each employee’s passion for travel, we offer a wellness & travel reimbursement, travel discounts, and an International Airlines Travel Agent (IATAN) membership.View our full list of benefits.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
United States - Washington - Seattle
ID # R-78971-1
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.