Oracle Apps Database Administrator
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Oracle Database Administrator
Are you prepared to build strong, scalable, global financial systems that support Expedia's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation within database engines? If the prospect of working with top engineering talent gets you charged up, then Expedia Group's Platform Engineering is for you! we at the Platform Engineering team are looking for a Database Engineer with demonstrated ability for its Gurgaon (India) Office
What you'll do:
- You will engineer solutions for multiple SQL or NoSQL database technologies and will be responsible for fast-paced sophisticated distributed database environments supporting both OLTP and OLAP systems across multiple platforms in Finance Tech Organization
- A strong candidate will be able to rapidly solve complex technical problems and implement solutions that are massively scalable while supporting multiple customer and partner teams.
- Deep knowledge of Database concepts, strong administration experience, and excellent interpersonal communication skills are required
- Our Platform Engineering team's mission is to provide database-as-a-service while providing an outspoken database layer to guide and support internal developers.
- You will engage with peers and internal customers to understand workloads and to help design, build, and operate services and tools to provide a great user experience for engineers interacting with our database layer.
- Ownership of Oracle EBS R12.1.x/R12.2.x, Oracle RAC/Exadata clusters, working on a variety of development and maintenance projects in coordination with project and support teams
- Knowledge of all supporting infrastructure components, including operating systems, hardware/storage configurations, and networks
- Excellent UNIX skills and a grasp of fundamental computing concepts such as system calls, memory management, and program debugging.
- Experience in system administration of LINUX, configuring storage arrays networks, disk configuration including multipath, and knowledge of networking components such as InfiniBand is highly desirable.
Who you are:
- As an Oracle Applications DBA with 5+ years of working experience, you should deeply understand the Oracle database architecture, configuration, installation, and upgrade procedures. You should be able to monitor the database performance, identify and resolve any issues that arise, and optimize the database to ensure maximum efficiency.
- You should be familiar with the Oracle E-Business Suite. You should be able to manage and maintain these applications and perform patching, cloning, and backup/recovery operations with versions ranging from 12.1.x to 12.2.x
- Have at least 5+ years of working experience with SQL (Oracle/PostgreSQL/MySQL) and NoSQL (Mongo/DynamoDB etc) databases.
- Care deeply about sound engineering practices like automation, scalability, and fault tolerance
- Experienced in designing, building, and maintaining distributed database systems. You can apply your knowledge and experience in both structured and unstructured database technologies to help improve our database offering.
- Well-versed in domains such as Infrastructure-as-Code, Monitoring, and SLO-based management. Knowledge of Terraform/Ansible/Puppet/Chef is a plus.
- Experienced programming in a language like Shell scripting, Bash, Python, Golang, Java, etc
- We at the Platform engineering team are looking for a versatile Database Engineer with proven experience for Gurgaon (India) Office
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
India - Haryana - Gurgaon
ID # R-83267
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.