Principal Product Manager
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Principal Product Manager
Expedia Group is the global leader in travel. From the practical matters of booking flights, cars, hotels, packages, local activities, or vacation rentals to realizing dreams and bucket lists, we cover the entire breadth of this deep and varied relationship with travelers. We team up with our partners to provide outstanding offers to our customers. Some of our partners are huge brands, and some are individuals with studio apartments to rent. Our customers are diverse, and we seek to deliver value and an excellent experience.
At the center of our travel marketplace is the Search organization. This team is currently building Search, Auction, and intent collection systems to power our iconic brands like Expedia, Hotels.com, and Vrbo, serving millions of requests every day. The systems we build are critical for our online marketplaces with high availability and performance requirements and drive meaningful commercial value. They require crafting control loops through data, machine learning, and online serving systems to serve millions of travelers worldwide.
Your mission is to help us accelerate the transition of our Search engine from a booking tool to a trip discovery & planning engine. You’ll make key strategic decisions about topics like how we match travelers with the right supply partners, how we can leverage the latest AI technology to evolve Search at Expedia Group, and how we optimize our entire Search experience to match traveler intent & context. The position will work closely across multiple teams in an area that will drive significant revenue for Expedia. You should be an empathetic listener, capable of understanding and envisioning opportunities with a diverse set of partners. If you are creative, and passionate and want to deliver innovative search capabilities across the Expedia Group marketplace, this team would be a great fit for you.
What you’ll do:
· Serve as product expert combining analysis, end-user feedback, and development knowledge to create a product roadmap
· Lead multiple products and solutions from conception to adoption without losing sight of the big picture
· Be self-directed and able to move at a fast pace in a somewhat ambiguous environment
· Define requirements and collaborate with development to define, implement, deploy, A/B test, measure, and refine new features
· Work with the entire Search team to find opportunities to apply ML to Search problems to improve the traveler experience and supplier value
· Partner with leaders from across Expedia Group to craft the overall Search strategy
Who you are:
· You have 7+ years of software product management experience delivering multiple AI-enabled products (eCommerce experience or advertising experience preferred)
· Proven track record of developing & successfully executing multi-year strategies to improve a product area
· You have experience validating and quantifying the impact of new features through the design of effective tests
· Highly analytical — ability to collect and analyze data from a variety of sources, identify key insights, spot product optimization opportunities, and inform product decisions
· Proven track record of collaborating with ML engineers and data scientists on technical design discussions and proposing simple, creative solutions
· You are an excellent written and verbal communicator and can create and deliver presentations
· You show a high level of initiative to overcome obstacles and drive toward action
· Prior experience managing Search and Browse related algorithms, capabilities, and experiences is required
· Domain expertise in Machine Learning is required
· Inclusive, transparent, open, and eager to continuously learn. Self-aware and an active listener
· BS/BA or equivalent experience
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
United Kingdom - London
ID # R-80425
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.