Risk Specialist, Travel Disruptions Operations (Gurgaon)
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Risk Specialist, Traveler Disruptions Operations
The mission of the Travel Disruptions Operations (TDOps) Team is to provide expertise and leadership for Expedia Group risk and crisis management responsibilities worldwide through the integration of travel disruption programs, functions and supporting activities to prevent, protect against, mitigate the effects of, respond to and recover from events effecting Expedia Group travelers. TDOPs team is responsible for monitoring and responding to world events (natural disasters, severe weather, political/civil unrest etc) that may impact Expedia Group travelers. We analyze and assess events to deliver a timely and accurate response through effective communication and stakeholder facilitation. By identifying events and assessing potential impact we can reduce friction caused by travel disruption, ensuring a positive customer experience. We aim to ensure our agents and travelers are well-informed and the business is ready to respond. By providing a positive experience we build trust and loyalty with our travelers and reduce operational costs associated with service disruption.
What you’ll do:
· Hybrid role - will spend time proactively identifying and monitoring risk situations, assess impact to Expedia Group's travelers and follow escalation actions and mitigation strategies
· Monitor travel industry policies and partner impact related to operational disruptions. Lead/coordinate cross functional conference bridges
· Lead work efforts that will enhance service/product offerings. Efforts will include concept, design and deploy of new and/or service/product enhancement
· Partner with Program Manager and Operations Managers and/or lead to improve operations
· Proactively find opportunities to optimize internal travel disruption team operations and document process improvements. Lead these efforts ensuring key milestones achieved
Who you are:
· Bachelor’s degree in related field (Risk, Poli-Science) or 2-4 years equivalent related professional experience in Emergency Management
· Program and/or project management skills
· A strong commitment and willingness to learn as well as share knowledge
· An ability to problem-solve and apply critical thinking
· Good judgement, attention to detail and knowledge of how to raise problems and roadblocks
· Experience interacting with other employees and working with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds
· An ability to perform day to day core tasks with limited instruction or guidance
· A willingness to work flexible working hours to support a 24x7 environment
· Capable of efficiently prioritizing and completing tasks in an evolving environment
· Solid research/analysis skills
· Excellent verbal/written communication and comprehension skills
· Solid understanding of data and factors that influence customer experience
· Proficient digital literacy including MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
· Knowledge of HTML, Service Now, Adobe, Jira and SharePoint
· An understanding of customer service/issuesExpedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better - that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
India - Haryana - Gurgaon
ID # R-79788
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.