Senior Director, Business Development
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Senior Director Business Development
Expedia for Business manages all of Expedia Group’s partner relationships. Our partners on the supply side of our business range from large airlines, hotels, and activity providers to single homeowners. As strategic partners to the businesses we work with, we help partners extend their distribution and advertising reach, deliver valuable services to travellers and employees, and power their performance through our technology and solutions
Senior Director leads, manages, coaches, and supports the leadership team for a large, strategic territory/region of a line of business. Senior Director will be responsible for acquisition of new business in a defined territory and maximizing customers revenue with the company's products and tools. Responsible for ensuring the team of multiple direct reports achieves financial targets. Sets and drives the team's business and people strategy across multiple Director territories.
What you’ll do:
- Explicitly builds systems that encourage talent to grow in the organization and develops successors for own position.
- Shares knowledge and best practices among broader business groups; sponsor and serve as subject matter guide for "masterclass."
- Models and encourages others to handle conflict openly and productively.
- Promotes a “one team” mentality that encourages ownership and collaboration around technical and customer* problems irrespective of organizational boundaries.
- Creates pipelines of talent for the future from both internal and external talent pools.
- Anticipates future state, strategic business needs and develops rationale for investing in projects or initiatives now to meet long-term objectives.
- Leads others to develop alternative approaches and solutions and apply various analytics to assess the viability of each option.
- Presents the business case for change to executive leadership and negotiates for an investment (e.g., time, resources, funding) in recommended solution.
- Provides guidance and counsel to others in developing appropriate contracts that protect the company’s financial position.
- Leverages relationship with legal resources to build strategy for highly complex contracting situations; anticipates potential questions and prepares information accordingly to develop appropriate contract terms for complex contracts.
- Ensures protocols are clearly defined so that team members know how and when to engage and leverage senior management in contract negotiation.
- Develops long-term strategy for teams across the business to meet with customers* and discuss feedback on products or services.
- Utilizes deep knowledge of the customer to understand unstated expectations and measure the performance of solutions against needs.
- Develops the strategy to meet long-term needs of the customer, endeavoring for the relationship to be viewed by the customer as indispensable and irreplaceable.
- Makes final decisions regarding specific and complex agreements to ensure maximum value for the organization.
- Guides others to consider the costs and benefits of not reaching an agreement, frequently leading individuals or teams toward consensus or agreement for a course of action.
- Helps other leaders and internal stakeholders (e.g., Finance, VP) proactively identify staffing needs and resources for accomplishing business unit/function goals.
- Plans for and assigns financial/material resources effectively across the business unit/function and in line with organizational resources and goals.
- Assists in developing policies and procedures to increase resource utilization efficiencies and reduce unnecessary costs within the business unit/function.
- Steers and influences the company’s decisions around product offerings and develops areas of expertise that best meet market demands and attract new customers.
- Forecasts market data trends and are proactive about positioning the company competitively in the market.
Who you are:
- Effective leadership coach, capable of developing strong leaders, teams, and managing diverse teams
- Demonstrates strong negotiation and persuasion skills and guides others to handle objections and remove obstacles by emphasizing the positive aspects of the argument and developing a line of reasoned arguments supported with the right data.
- Acts as an innovator and thought leader around new products, technologies, offerings, etc. in the industry.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Outstanding communication skills and track record of building alignment amongst cross-functional partners to drive initiatives.
- Create an environment where people can realize their full potential.
- Passionate about engaging and developing talent; attract, develop, engage and retain talented individuals with a compelling, unifying vision that steers and motivates.
- Curious and passionate, with a desire to continuously learn more, which you use to understand business operations and the organizational levers that drive profitable growth.
- Bias to action, being familiar with methods and approaches needed to get things done in a collaborative, lean and fast-moving environment.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
Spain - Madrid
ID # R-79244-1
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.