Senior Director Strategy, Traveler
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Expedia Group (EG) is seeking a Sr. Director of Strategy, Traveler for the Product and Technology (P&T) division. As a Senior Director of Strategy, you will own assessment of competitive and technology trends in the online consumer retail and travel market, build business cases and recommend investment tradeoffs, and set the strategic roadmap of technology we build and buy to deliver strategic traveler outcomes. You will also drive the regular strategic planning process for the traveler product and technology teams, in close collaboration with other Expedia Group divisions.
What you'll do:
- Lead and develop a team of ~10 strategists focused on the long-term success and viability of our traveler technology ecosystem; collaborate with a larger virtual team of Planning, Program Management, Finance, and Analytics
- Assess and prioritize opportunities for strategic investment/disinvestment, with input and insights from traveler prod/tech leadership, Marketing, Account Management, and Corporate Development stakeholders
- Develop and maintain a traveler 18-month strategic roadmap with a limited set of high-impact, measurable deliverables in partnership with the relevant traveler Product and Technology teams
- Synthesize, distribute, and action regular market intelligence of travel competitors and broader consumer technology trends; attend relevant industry conferences (e.g., PhoCusWright, Skift)
- Support preparation of key divisional deliverables such as QBRs, Board decks, and all-hands
Who you are:
- You are kind and inspiring leader - you have the ability to lead, influence & mobilize multiple internal stakeholders (including top executives) and rally toward a limited set of priorities in a dynamic environment
- You have excellent presentation/storytelling and interpersonal skills with ability to present and simplify sophisticated concepts to both executive leadership and operational teams
- Ability to understand sophisticated problems with analytical skills and analytical approach to draw upon business insight where information is incomplete
- Results-oriented - driving business impact / execution, including in a highly autonomous role
- Teammate - Create a climate of inclusion and implements expansive strategies to bring a diverse set of perspectives to the team and solutions
- 10+ years of experience, with a preference for experience in management consulting or a similar role in a leading technology company
- Self-motivated, self-aware and able to drive collaborative success with limited mentorship
- International experience, ecommerce, and/or travel industry a plus
The total cash range for this position in Austin is $254,000 to $355,500.00. Employees in this role have the potential to increase their pay up to $406,500.00, which is the top of the range, based on ongoing, demonstrated, and sustained performance in the role.
The total cash range for this position in Seattle is $254,000 to $355,500.00. Employees in this role have the potential to increase their pay up to $406,500.00, which is the top of the range, based on ongoing, demonstrated, and sustained performance in the role.
The total cash range for this position in Chicago is $238,500 to $334,000.00. Employees in this role have the potential to increase their pay up to $381,500.00, which is the top of the range, based on ongoing, demonstrated, and sustained performance in the role.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
United Kingdom - London
ID # R-79262-1
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.