Senior Internal Auditor
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Performs the tactical end-to-end execution of risk management, compliance, assurance and audit projects, including planning, fieldwork, development of recommendations, report writing, tracking of audit issues, and verification of management action items, under the guidance/direction of managers.
Bachelor's or equivalent experience
Functional/ Technical Skills
CIA, CPA, CISA, OSCP, CCSK, CISM, CISSP, CDPSE, IAPP, CRISC or similar
Familiarity with any of the following:
• Understanding, developing, interpreting process models, flowcharts, narratives;
• Operational or business processes and best practices;
• Accounting and finance concepts, processes and standards;
• Data governance (e.g., frameworks, policies, third-party data risks, and data security and protection)
• Data privacy compliance including GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, and other regulations;
• Big Data (e.g. data analysis and visualization tools, data engeneering modeling, scripting language such as SQL or Python)
• Acquires and demonstrates a solid understanding of how the department operates and fits into the larger organization.
• Acquires a solid understanding of the various functions/organizations within the broader enterprise.
• Demonstrates solid awareness of the policies, practices, trends and information that impact the organization and its customers.
• Demonstrates solid understanding of the financial, operational, and technical impact of decisions/solutions on the organization and its customers.
• Reviews overarching project timeline and develops a schedule of tasks to achieve project milestones.
• Works with more experienced team members to help identify all resources required to support any project.
• Keeps relevant stakeholders informed of key progress toward or significant changes to task timing that impacts the project schedule.
• Seeks relevant information to ensure own understanding of complex information.
• Assists team members in the creation of routine technical communication materials (e.g., policies & procedures, guidelines, presentations, messages).
• Develops a solid understanding of the different audience groups in the business unit/function that receive technical communications and how they differ from each other.
• Applies a solid understanding of electronic workpapers and/or GRC and Audit Management systems.
• Applies a solid understanding of IIA framework.
• Applies a solid understanding IT control framework.
• Applies a solid understanding of risk and compliance frameworks and industry best practices (e.g., ISO, COSO, etc.)
• Applies a solid understanding of the legal and regulatory compliance
• Learns solid data analysis methods and procedures by assisting others in the collection and analysis of data.
• Solid knowledge of risks and controls, as well as risk management principles.
• Prepares summary reports for management on the results of financial, operational and technical audits or other risk-based reporting.
• Leverages proper techniques and solid knowledge to interpret basic audit analyses and reports.
• Supports the development of mitigation strategies and remediation plans for audit findings (ERM role specific)
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
United States - Washington - Seattle
ID # R-78549
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.