Senior Machine Learning Scientist
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Expedia Group is the global leader in travel. From the practical matters of booking flights, cars, hotels, packages, local activities, or vacation rentals to the realization of dreams and bucket lists, we cover the entire breadth of this deep and varied relationship. We team up with our partners to provide outstanding offers to our customers. Some of our partners are huge brands, and some are individuals with a studio apartment to rent. Our customers are diverse, and we seek to deliver value and a great experience. Our technical challenges are endlessly sophisticated and yet meaningful and exciting.
We are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Scientist to join our growing Natural Language AI team. This position focuses on the development and optimization of Expedia’s Natural Language AI models such as Natural Language Processing/Understanding (NLP/NLU), Named Entity Recognition (NER), Text Mining and Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR). Innovation and developing cutting-edge technology as well as implementing industry-leading solutions are key responsibilities of this role. The machine learning models and algorithms you develop will improve the experiences of millions of travelers and travel partners each year.
What You’ll Do
- Develop Natural Language AI (NLP/ASR) models with superior performance to power Expedia’s Travel platform.
- Conduct statistical analysis of the model performance using data collected from the field.
- Optimize existing models for improved accuracy and better performance.
- Apply best-in-class machine learning techniques to solve the business problems at hand.
- Produce novel insights with machine learning to advise company strategy.
- Conduct research and develop novel machine learning algorithms and solutions.
- Communicate sophisticated concepts and the results of the analyses in a clear and effective manner.
- Collaborate with other statisticians, machine learning scientists and machine learning engineers to formulate innovative solutions to experiment and implement sophisticated modeling techniques
Who you are:
- Master's Degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Statistics, Math, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in NLP, ASR, Data/Machine Learning Science, Statistics, or Advanced Analytics.
- Expert knowledge of programming languages such as Python, R, or Scala and the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Proven knowledge of processing and analyzing large scale data volumes, semi-structured and unstructured data and near real-time throughput.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in TensorFlow and/or PyTorch.
- Knowledge of the following languages is considered additional asset: Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, Japanese, Arabic.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
United Kingdom - London
ID # R-78231
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.