Senior Manager, Program Management
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Senior Manager, Program Management
Manages more than one team's program strategy and implementations in partnership with functions across the organization. Builds strong teams of Program Managers who own programs of moderate complexity across a portfolio.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with Leadership Team to set and monitor team goals to achieve program strategy
- Play an important role in communication by leading program management efforts: facilitating decision making, highly effective team building, and communication within team.
- Proactively identify potential risks, resource constraints, and conflicts that could impact program timelines; collaborate with the core team to develop solutions and mitigation plans.
- Create and manage integrated program timelines including significant activities, dependencies, resource needs, and milestones.
- Organize, track, and report program metrics, milestones, decision points, risks, and mitigation plans.
- Helps the team utilize detailed understanding of current business processes and challenges to recommend and match solutions to meet unique business needs and achieve objectives.
- Implement fit-for-purpose best practices in program management, including the use of dashboards, templates, tools, and processes to drive efficiency, alignment, and communication on teams.
- Preparation of presentations and dashboards to report program status to functional heads, senior leadership and other key stakeholders.
- Provides Agile coaching/support for multiple program managers.
- Coaches and mentors others in Agile ceremonies.
- Participates in Agile sprint planning with Product and Engineer leaders and ensures portfolio impacts are integrated into team roadmaps.
- Understands and integrates timelines and milestones across projects within team portfolio, identifying areas of synergy or dependency.
- Works with team to manage actual or potential gaps in resourcing for projects and recommends strategies to mitigate.
- Evaluates the progress of projects within the portfolio and works with the team to mitigate issues and risks to ensure portfolio health.
- Coaches team through selection and implementation of relevant project management best practices (Agile, PMP, etc.).
- Manages project portfolio and participates in prioritization decisions.
- Builds and maintains relationship with major portfolio stakeholders, keeping them informed of team engagement and portfolio health.
- Defines and manages team governance structure.
- Communicates team goals, progress and outputs within and across teams.
- Understands functional metrics and approaches new insights strategically, considering impacts to the wider business strategy.
- Prioritizes team morale and productivity, celebrating team accomplishments.
- Promotes collaboration among team members. Encourages others to cooperate and coordinate efforts.
- Develops a diverse talent pipeline for a team, including onboarding, and evaluating talent gaps and opportunities.
- Crafts the culture of their team by building team rituals, processes and practices that build strong team bonds and an open trusting environment where diverse viewpoints, opinions, and approaches and candid conversations and critiques can happen.
- Coordinates and contributes to process and practice that drives cross-functional operational excellence.
Who You Are:
- 7+ years experience in technical program management or similar experience managing cross functional projects and balancing product/business requirements with technical constraints.
- Bachelor's or Master's or equivalent experience
- 8+ Years for Bachelor's
- 6+ Years for Master's
- Ability to abstract complex subjects and communicate with audiences of varying levels of leadership and technical background.
- Strong business, operational, and technical vision.
- Highly organized leader with excellent technical written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated track record of resourcefulness, strong business and technical judgement and bias for action from their previous assignments.
- Successful experience in hiring and developing great people with diverse skill sets and demonstrated ability to motivate and organize effective teams and resolve conflicts.
- Proven experience with Agile methodology, Jira, creating andmanaging sprints, features, dashboards, and queries.
- Knowledge of underlying e-Comm conversion funnels, workflows, and processes
- Manage details while taking a holistic, benefit-focused view of the entire program
- Excellent verbal, written communication, organization, time management and, listening skills
- Customer-centric and able to work in a matrixed and fast paced environment
- Well-developed leadership, management, and strategic-thinking skills, with the ability to excite and lead others.
- Fast learner that can quickly synthesize ideas, information, and options into a strategy, plan, or response and effectively communicate it.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
India - Haryana - Gurgaon
ID # R-80197
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.