Senior Manager, Software Engineering
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Travel is back, and Expedia's Media Solutions group is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to help build the world's best travel advertising platform.
Expedia's Media Solutions group enables hotels, airlines, and other travel providers to reach travel shoppers with helpful and relevant offerings. We have revolutionized the way brands reach and connect with online travel consumers, and we have emerged as the leader in online travel advertising. Our travel advertising platform is evolving quickly, and we need a Senior Engineering Manager to lead a team of talented engineers to help us deliver the next generation platform.
As a leader of engineers, you will solve complex technology problems in a fast-paced agile environment, constantly learning and adapting to rapidly evolving customer needs. You will grow a team of talented and experienced engineers to manage the ever growing infrastructure that powers our travel advertising platform.
What you'll do:
- Build and lead a talented and diverse team of software development engineers.
- Work with product and tech leaders to envision, design, build, and maintain next generation advertising platform
- Inspire your team with your customer focus, operational excellence, and technical vision
- Deliver impactful capabilities that delight our travelers, advertisers, and publishers
- Design and build scalable, high-performance, fault-tolerant distributed software systems
Who you are:
- 7+ years of software engineering experience, including 3 years as an engineering manager
- Proven ability to design, build, launch, and maintain scalable software systems
- Product focused engineering manager, a strong partner to product management teams
- Proven ability to hire and grow a team of high-performing engineers
- Experience managing high throughput distributed systems in large-scale distributed environments
- Preferred: Two or more years' experience in Digital Advertising Technology
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
Spain - Madrid
ID # R-72339-1
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.