If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Senior Manager, User Experience Design
Are you looking to be part of a world-class enterprise design team dedicated to crafting incredible user experiences? Would you like to drive impactful work that helps millions of people see and enjoy more of the world?
At Expedia Group, our mission is to power global travel for everyone, everywhere. Within Expedia Group, the Experience Design organization (XD) is our global, cross-disciplinary team uniting user experience design, content design, and research to enable innovative, relevant, and cohesive experiences that serve the needs of all our travelers, partners, and agents.
We’re looking for a motivated Senior Manager of Experience Design to help us envision and deliver fabulous customer experiences! We work on a global scale for multiple brands, across devices and platforms, in a diverse and collaborative environment. We’re looking for a leader to guide a team to craft compelling solutions that are intuitive, creative, thoughtful, simple, and delightful. You’ll inspire a positive environment where an encouraging, hardworking, and passionate design community thrives to take design to the next level.
What You’ll do:
• Lead by example, setting the benchmark for relationship building and design excellence.
• Drive design strategy and encourage others to join the journey of completing that strategy.
• Understand how to get the best out of your teammates, grow their skills and hire outstanding talent to join your charter of groundbreaking UX design.
• Tap data to innovate ideas, but your end-product shows that details and taste are just as meaningful to you.
• Transform business problems into user experience opportunities, ultimately designing, testing and launching usable, useful and delightful solutions.
• Bring a systemic point of view to problem solving, while isolating specific design issues and opportunities.
• Identify, investigate and validate design problems within multi-disciplinary teams.
• Be a champion for the team and by working hard, respectfully and humbly, you earn trust and respect from your team, peers, colleagues and managers.
• You aren’t limited by device or platform, yet you are versed in responsive web and native mobile design.
Who You Are:
• MFA, BFA, or BS in Human Factors, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience.
• 5 plus years of experience in web, native mobile, product, graphic, interaction, content, and/or information design.
• In-depth knowledge of design principles and experience simplifying complex systems.
• Depth of experience in navigational systems and simplifying complex products.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience working in an agile team environment.
At Expedia Group, we believe in bringing people together and creating an inclusive workplace where everyone belongs and can do their best work. We care about our employees’ safety and well-being, so we’re requiring new hires in the U.S. to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and attest to their vaccination status before their start date as a condition of employment. Expedia Group will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
United States - Illinois - Chicago
ID # R-74946-3
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.