Senior People Data Analyst (Gurgaon)
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
The People Analytics team at Expedia Group leverages on data to understand the impact our business has on our people and the impact our people have on our business, because we believe that data powers great experiences. We are searching for a Senior People Data Analyst to perform analysis and actively glean key insights from our people data. You will design, develop, and implement analytical solutions, data visualisations and self-service tools that drive evidence-based decisions and programs. You will have the opportunity to work in agile teams of cross-functional experts and partner with stakeholders across the People Team to answer complex business questions using your data analytics skills, ensuring we gain maximum value from our people data. We aim to provide data at your fingertips and ideate actionable insights across the entire People Team - and ultimately to all leaders across Expedia to ensure we are making better decisions.
What You’ll Do
- Perform analysis, extract key business insights from multiple data sources, and tell the story with data in support of tracking key operational metrics and success measurements
- Provide meaningful data visualizations, business intelligence, and actionable insights
- Work in agile teams of cross functional experts and supports the development of analytical reports and products
- Research industry, labour market and HR trends, sharing findings, proactively identifying issues and opportunities
- Work with internal stakeholders to answer data & reporting questions and ensure reports meet business needs
- Provide requirements for People Insights product enhancements & new report design
- Leverage the right analytical tools and techniques to perform analysis and integrate large data sets
- Establish data collection and analysis processes
- Understand key performance indicators related to own workflows and the importance of metrics in defining success (e.g., efficiency and effectiveness)
- Monitor and inspect data to evaluate quality and identify opportunities for improvement
- Challenge assumptions on the current processes and ideate recommendations for improvement
Who You Are
- Bachelor's or Master's, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience working with large data sets to glean trends, analysis and insights and connecting disparate data sources
- Expertise with the use of SQL and/or statistical tools such as Python or R
- Experienced with the usage of advanced Excel
- Experienced using Tableau, or other business intelligence tools is preferred; development in such tools is a plus
- Familiarity with Workday a plus
- Ability to craft insights from data at the enterprise level
- Robust communication skills capable of sharing delivered and requested analysis to an analytical audience as well as the broad HR population via email, blog, newsletters, training, demos etc.
- Ability to triage ad hoc requests, meet SLAs, and provide stakeholders with high-quality service
- Real passion for, and understanding of, people, analytics, and travel!
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
India - Haryana - Gurgaon
ID # R-83308
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.