Senior Performance Marketing Specialist, SEM
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
At Expedia Group we are constantly seeking talented, tech savvy, ambitious individuals to join our rapidly growing team. One of our current priorities is identifying candidates to focus on Search Engine Marketing (SEM), which is one of the most critical growth engines for us and the most dynamic marketing channel in the business.
If you are interested in being on the cutting edge of digital marketing and leveraging your technical skillset, this is the place for you. As one of Google’s top global advertisers, we at Expedia Group partner closely with a dedicated Google team to test and implement new marketing technologies before they are released to the rest of the global marketplace.
Expedia Group SEM is the place to:
• Learn by doing
• Be on the cutting edge of digital marketing
• Work in an entrepreneurial environment
• Turn mounds of data into actionable insights to drive return on investment
• Build or hone your quantitative and qualitative skillset
• Make a BIG impact on the Expedia Group business
Your responsibilities in this role would include the following.
- You will support a Manager and a Director in monitoring financial performance for a portfolio to achieve business, revenue and profitability objectives.
- You will identify growth opportunities, test hypotheses and scale winning tests to improve SEM overall performance and return on investment.
- You will learn and execute on the fundamentals of search marketing, implement bidding methods and maintain overall account health and performance.
- You will be able to manipulate and derive insights from large datasets.
- You will be partnering with Google, Bing and other search engines to ensure we’re early adopters of all product alphas and betas.
- You will partner with other marketing channels and internal partners to identify ways to access and leverage proprietary Expedia Group data for SEM purposes.
We are looking for…
- Individuals who have excellent quantitative analysis experience. SEM is an art and a science but it is more about science than art these days.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel required, experience with SQL a plus.
- Proven track record of large-scale dataset manipulation, either through course work or work experience.
- Experience in SEM, online advertising, paid search or e-commerce is a plus but not required. Knowledge of the online travel industry is also useful.
- Excellent collaboration at all levels, including crisp and compelling verbal and written executive communication.
- Trustworthiness, transparency and dedication to partnership in a fast-paced environment. We strongly believe in the "One Team" philosophy.
- Familiarity with Google Datasets / Cloud platforms / API is a plus.
Starting pay for this role will vary based on multiple factors, including location, available budget, and an individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience. Pay ranges may be modified in the future.
Expedia Group is proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including medical/dental/vision, paid time off, and an Employee Assistance Program. To fuel each employee’s passion for travel, we offer a wellness & travel reimbursement, travel discounts, and an International Airlines Travel Agent (IATAN) membership.View our full list of benefits.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
United States - Washington - Seattle
ID # R-78403
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.