Senior Product Manager - Enterprise Data Quality
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Senior Product Manager - Enterprise Data Quality
In this role, you will work to enable Enterprise data quality(DQ) program and support the efforts across business and technology in its adoption. As the DQ Product owner you will be responsible to support implementation of the Data Quality framework and lead driving the implementation efforts. This role will be responsible for delivering consistent global data quality rules, ensuring integrity of data and monitoring/ reporting overall quality of data as per established policies. He/she will be a DQ subject matter expert working closely with business partners to develop data quality products and drive continuous improvements and automation in the data quality area.
- 10+ years of hands-on technical background in data management, with experience in full lifecycle development of data management platforms and understanding of relevant best practices
- 5 years of experience in supporting an effective enterprise data quality strategy, applying foundational data management principles, to analyze data, and identify bottlenecks, design flaws, and surface opportunities for data optimization
- Solid understanding of modern data stack and data platforms
- Experience in building out an Enterprise Data Quality program and knowledge of data governance methodology
- Strong communication skills, including ability to convey sophisticated and complex data concepts to business and technology
- Hands-on experience in requirements gathering, identification and resolution of root causes of data quality issues and lead th communication with lines of business to implement the solutions needed for continuous data quality and controls
- Experience with the concept of end-to-end data observability and identify, assess and design processes to monitor and manage data issues
- In-depth understanding of leading data quality and data engineering tools stack
- Self-starter with ability to drive decisions and perform with a sense of urgency
- High attention to detail
- Define cross-functional Data quality process, standards and facilitate DQ working group meetings; drive the processes to certify data quality
- Work closely with data platform team to identify enterprise grade data quality tools that meet business needs
- Driven implementation of data quality solutions to support data profiling, data quality monitoring and data remediation services, identify operational efficiencies to support trust in data assets
- Work with the platform team to translate and determine technical requirements for the Data Quality Suite of applications
- Work with the data engineers to determine progress against Data Quality Suite updates, provide technical feedback on tasks and assist testing updates to ensure they meet acceptance criteria
- Demonstrate knowledge of data structures to identify structural deficiencies or opportunities for enhanced delivery and report potential data quality issues
- Drive root cause analysis and resolution of data issues including options for remediation and controls
- Communicate with senior leadership, provide strategic influence across groups to implement strategy and solutions
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
United States - Washington - Seattle
ID # R-76883
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.