Senior Software Engineer - Backend Data Processing
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
As Customer Data Platform (CDP) Team we are making traveler data accessible and
actionable. Our Mission is to build the travel industry's premier customer data
platform to delight the users' trips experiences through Identification,
Personalization, AI, recommendations, and targeted marketing.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Data Engineer. Your main
responsibility will be working with the team and our customers/collaborators to
analyze, define, design, and engineer Customer Data Product’s needs, wants along
with bringing innovation and raising the bar to best in class and beyond in a true
We’re looking for the very best hands-on engineers to help us execute, improvise,
solution and innovate! We want to hear from you, if you have developed a deep
understanding of Big Data and Data Warehousing Eco-system and passionately
believe in engineering ‘Big Data Analytics’ better!
What you’ll do:
- Apply wide range of Data Engineering/Technological skills for developing,
- Build solutions to add value for our customers, collaborators, and stakeholder
- Drive toward best in class Customer Data Platform/Products, Real Time Data Processing at Huge Scale, Continuous Delivery, Ops Excellence
Who you are:
- Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science or a related engineering field
- Strong aptitude in Data structures, Programming and Data Engineering (at
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in data engineering
- Experienced in Big Data eco-system and strong Data Engineering skills
- You should have done 3+ end-to-end enterprise executions at scale.
- 7+ years of experience leading technical designs, mentoring developers and helping to drive engineering maturity
- Object Oriented Programming(Java programming)
- Good hold on distributed messaging, computing concepts, techniques, and its hands-on implementation
- Deep understanding and experience designing and building RESTful APIs
- Experience with HDFS, Spark, Map-Reduce programming, Kafka, Hive
- Strong understanding and experience in relational (SQL) and analytical databases (no SQLs)
- At least 2 NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra, Elastic Search ...)
- ETL, Data transformation, Data pipelines – collecting/aggregating data from transactional systems/events to analytical ones, have them distributed computing on cloud/on prem
- Exposure to AWS eco-system (S3, cloud storage/computing, EMR etc.)
- Understand organization’s need and able to apply solutions, tools, best practices from an immediate/dire need to a long-term perspective/vision with
a strong focus on Quality
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical aptitude
- Adaptable to change
- Able to communicate well across different user groups/verticals
- Time management and prioritization with Agile mindset
- You should be a good Team Player, able to switch and wear different role caps
Expedia Group is a hybrid work environment - No remote
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
United States - Washington - Seattle
ID # R-72851
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.