Software Development Engineer II
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Software Development Engineer II
We are looking for a Software Engineer II to join one of our teams, responsible for developing technology that helps millions of travelers to find the best hotel at the right time for their next unforgettable trip.
Our team responsibility is to build an outstanding price platform providing customer benefit through clear, consistent, and accurate pricing information. We care about engineering excellence, and we embrace the "you built it, you run it" mentality.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with team members to co-develop and solve problems.
- Seek knowledge from subject matter experts when needed.
- Implement product features working as part of a multi-functional team and run what you build approach.
- Work in an agile team.
- Understand the importance of system and technology integration and the basic features and facilities involved in the integration process.
- Apply software design principles, data structures and/or design patterns and computer science fundamentals to write code that is clean, maintainable, optimized, modular with good naming conventions.
- Help coordinate stakeholder input and collaboration efforts when developing solutions to issues.
- Report clearly on current work status. You ask challenging questions when empowered to do so.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in a Technical field; or equivalent related professional experience. Equivalent experience includes:
- Developing software in a team environment of at least 5 engineers (agile, version control, etc.)
- Building and maintaining a software project/product in production environments in public/hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Fluent Object-Oriented Programming concepts, data structure, algorithms, preferably in Kotlin/Java.
- Very passionate about learning, especially in the areas of technology, service design patterns and system architecture.
- Understanding of how projects fit together within your team.
- Able to understand moderately complex systems.
- Understanding of testing and monitoring tools.
- Understanding of how teams’ goals fit a business need.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
United Kingdom - London
ID # R-79516
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.