Sr. Activation Manager (Market Strategy, Japan)
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
The Expedia Group Geo Team is responsible for the regional performance and growth of Expedia’s business, actively partnering with multiple teams across our dynamic organization. We are currently seeking an experienced and driven e-commerce professional to drive Japan key growth initiatives across focused brands (Expedia, Hotels.com) for Expedia group.
In the Markets Activation Sr. Manager role, you will have the opportunity to have a finger on the pulse of the travel industry. Using our rich and highly detailed market insights and performance trends, you will activate new projects and capabilities to grow and strengthen Expedia Group’s business in our flagship market. You will drive the prioritization and coordination of critical business initiatives across a matrixed organization, working with various teams to close gaps and identify new opportunities. Additionally, you will contribute to the local strategy and growth for the region while working hand-in-hand with marketing, retail, product, supply, and customer service teams.
What You Will Do:
- Develop country strategy for EG ( Expedia and Hotels.com) by assessing impactful business returns and actionable project plans .
- Identify paths for growth and key enablers using comprehensive insights on our customers, partners, market, and competitors
- Supporting the definition of geo-market strategy and prioritization across brands
- Develop project plans and roadmaps to ensure alignment on execution and deliverables
- Manage projects by coordinating and collaborating with multiple local/global stake holders.
- Define geo-related goals and important metrics across teams to ensure accountability
- Provide strategic direction for brand and marketing campaigns by working closely with
Expedia and Hotels.com marketing teams.
- Provide localization feedback for global campaigns and creative.
- Work closely with supply team to drive demand-supply alignment.
- Share best practices across global retail market teams to build an effective activation toolkit
- Lead execution-focused workstreams that cross multiple teams within the organization, including global marketing, product, and supply teams
What You Bring:
- 7+ years industry experience (consumer e-commerce preferred)
- Strong communication skill both in Japanese and English
- Project/Program management expertise to define and deliver complex projects end-to-end with positive return on investment, from business case through deployment
- Effective stake holders influencing and presentation skills for local and global audiences
- Strategy development experience and strategic mind set
- Good understanding of customer behavior and consumer centric approach
- Analytical mindset and experience
- Basic understanding of product (consumer platform).
- Experience with developing business cases to feed into agile product management workstreams
- Teamwork spirits and flexible mindset
- Great passion for travel
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
Japan - Tokyo
ID # R-74897
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.