Technical Operations Associate
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
The Expedia, Inc. IT Service Desk is in search of experienced, highly skilled, Technical Operations Associate.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a Global IT Service Desk for Expedia, Inc. Core job responsibilities include providing responsive technical phone support for application, hardware, OS, network, and telecom issues. Creating and maintaining accurate trouble tickets which entail recording problem/symptom, analysis performed resolution, and other information relevant to resolving the problem.
What you’ll do:
· Apply technical support and functional knowledge to support Expedia internal employees.
· Apply company policies and procedures to resolve standard and, occasionally, non-recurring issues
· Escalation and notification of maintenance and outage activity
· Systems analysis and support for Internet based solutions.
Who you are:
. Passionate about IT
· Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
· Ability to handle call escalations with tact and good humour to diffuse tense end user situations
· Skill in communicating information effectively
· Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
· Strong written communication skills
· Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
· Ability to perform proactively and prevent recurrences whenever possible
· Ability to successfully communicate with inter-organizational and outside customer/vendor contacts
· Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
· Candidate should be able to work non-standard business hours (weekends occasionally, no night shift)
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
Czechia - Prague
Full-Time Fixed Term
ID # R-80405
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.