Test Automation Engineer
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
A high performing individual contributor who acts as a mentor to more junior engineers, applies new engineering principles to improve existing systems, and is responsible for leading complex, well-defined projects.
5+ years for Bachelor's
3+ years for Master's
•Developed software in at least 3 different languages.
• Maintained/ran at least 4 software project/product in production environments (bug fixing, troubleshooting, monitoring, etc.).
Functional/ Technical Skills
• Has strength in a couple languages and/or one language with multiple technology implementations.
• Identifies strengths and weaknesses among languages for particular use cases.
• Creates API's to be consumed across the business unit.
• Selects among technology available to implement and solve for need.
• Understands how projects/teams interact with other teams.
• Understands and designs moderately complex systems.
• Tests and monitors code at the project level.
• Understands testing and monitoring tools.
• Debugs applications.
• Tests, debugs, and fixes issues within established SLAs.
• Designs easily testable and observable software.
• Understands how teams goals fit a business need.
• Identifies business problems at the project level and provides solutions.
• Proactively teams up with peers across the organization to build an understanding of cross dependencies and shared problem solving.
• Participates in a community of practice to share and gain knowledge.
• Continually seeks new technical skills in an engineering area.
• Shares new skills and knowledge with team to increase effectiveness.
• Demonstrates knowledge of advanced and relevant technology.
• Is comfortable working with several forms of technology.
• Understands the relationship between applications, databases and technology platforms.
• Develops and tests complex or non-routine software applications and related programs and procedures to ensure they meet design requirements.
• Effectively applies knowledge of software design principles, data structures and/or design patterns and computer science fundamentals to write code that is clean, maintainable, optimized, modular with good naming conventions.
• Effectively applies knowledge of databases and database design principles to solve data requirements.
• Effectively uses the understanding of software frameworks and how to leverage them to write simpler code.
• Leads/clarifies code evolution in code reviews.
• Brings together different stakeholders with varied perspectives to develop solutions to issues, and contributes own suggestions.
• Thinks holistically to identify opportunities around policies/ processes to increase efficiency across organizational boundaries.
• Assists with a whole systems approach to analyzing issues by ensuring all components (structure, people, process and technology) are identified and accounted for.
• Identifies areas of inefficiency in code or systems operation and offer suggestions for improvements.
• Compiles and reports on major operational or technical initiatives (like RCAs) to larger groups, whether via written or oral means.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
ID # R-80061
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.