Transfer Pricing / International Tax Senior Analyst
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
What you will do:
- Help advise on transfer pricing and international tax aspects of business expansion initiatives and cross-border reorganizations
- Monitor and analyze existing and proposed tax legislation, model the impact of changes on Expedia Group's transfer pricing and / or international tax structure
- Independently develop, present, and execute transfer pricing and international tax planning initiatives
- Research complex transfer pricing and international tax issues related to tax planning initiatives and / or new legislative developments
- Assist with preparing and reviewing transfer pricing compliance requirements for the US and various local countries, including transfer pricing documentation, various intercompany disclosure forms, and country-by-country reporting and ensuring timeliness, completeness, and accuracy
- Perform technical and economic analyses, as well as build financial models (e.g., from profit splits to GILTI, FTC and Subpart F calculations), to support cross-border reorganizations, internal restructuring, M&A and other planning projects
- Articulate, draft and document detailed tax technical analyses, documentation and considerations of non-US jurisdictions, as required
- Provide technical guidance to finance and accounting teams to operationalize transfer pricing calculation methodologies
- Continuously build and nurture collaborative relationships with tax and non-tax stakeholders (both with internal resources and external advisors) to support business matters, complex tax technical projects and initiatives
- Identify and implement opportunities to further improve, innovate, automate and evolve our transfer pricing and international tax function using technology (e.g., Alteryx, Power Apps)
- Detailed preparation and review of relevant legal documents, including intercompany agreements
- Collaborate with tax reporting and FP&A teams on the transfer pricing aspects of tax provision and reporting, including ASC 740 / FIN48 analysis and documentation, intercompany calculation review and financial forecasts
- Provide support for transfer pricing audits and related controversy
- Support various transfer pricing and international tax matters, as required
What you will need
- 2+ years of progressive transfer pricing and / or international tax experience in public accounting, equivalent consulting or industry
- BA or BS in Finance, Economics, Business with Accounting focus; advanced degree, CPA or similar credential preferred
- Transfer pricing planning and technical expertise in and understanding of US, OECD and local transfer pricing laws and regulations, and knowledge of other cross-functional tax matters
- Understanding of international tax concepts, rules and regulations (e.g., GILTI, FTC, and treaty concepts)
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, team-oriented, rapidly-changing, often ambiguous environment with proven ability to manage / shift competing priorities under tight deadlines, work effectively in a team environment and partner well with people at all levels
- Relevant experience building, managing and operationalizing complex models for purposes of assessing the tax and financial impacts of transactions and strategic initiatives
- Ability to think strategically and proactively identify, research, prioritize and resolve issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to discuss complex transfer pricing and international tax concepts with non-tax stakeholders
- Willingness to quickly learn new skills and step out of your comfort zone
- Detail-oriented individual who is self-motivated and takes ownerships of projects
- Strong understanding of accounting and economic concepts
- Practical experience using Alteryx (and willingness to further develop expertise); additional experience with Oracle, Hyperion, Tableau, SharePoint, and PowerApps helpful
- Proficient in the use of MS Office
Starting pay for this role will vary based on multiple factors, including location, available budget, and an individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience. Pay ranges may be modified in the future.
Expedia Group is proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including medical/dental/vision, paid time off, and an Employee Assistance Program. To fuel each employee’s passion for travel, we offer a wellness & travel reimbursement, travel discounts, and an International Airlines Travel Agent (IATAN) membership.View our full list of benefits.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
United Kingdom - London
ID # R-78077-2
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.