Traveler Service Associate, Escalations
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Traveler Service Escalations Team is responsible for handling all of Expedia’s high priority services routed via Omnichannel. We enable each of our customer transactions to flow seamlessly from the click of a button on one of our brand sites through to our general ledger system and into the P&L. By bringing together product, technology and operations, we accelerate innovation, enable test and learn, and constantly push ourselves to evolve and innovate for the business.
What you'll do:
• Lead the resolution of high-profile service issues and priority escalations from identified sources
• Research, analyse and resolve customer issues accurately and quickly by using appropriate tools and resources to assess situations and create resolutions while maintaining ownership of the issue.
• Research and analyse data from various sources and tools - especially GDS (Airline Computer Reservation Systems) to close customer and supplier issues
• Assist in the development, testing, and communication of operational policies and procedures
• Identify service problems and conduct root cause analysis whilst signposting possible solutions
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with agents, peers, management, corporate, network, co-workers, and partners.
• Flexible approach to ensure established service levels are achieved at all times
• Must maintain up-to-date Customer Support Agent skillset
• Must have proficiency in payment processing and reconciliation systems and tools
• Must maintain confidentiality
• Team player
• Other duties and projects as assigned
Who you are:
• Customer-centric attributes and traveler-focused with the ability to work effectively and professionally with both internal and external customers.
• Ability to perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, persuading or speaking with others.
• Advanced analysis skills to include skills in situational analysis and risk mitigation. Demonstrate strong research skills in all lines of business.
• Ability to work in a high-stress environment; managing stress professionally and without disruption to the operation, employees, or customers.
• Track record of exhibiting good judgment and common sense. Skilled in fair and impartial judgment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to assess customer needs and adjust communication style accordingly.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to positively influence others.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
• Strong technical skills and computer knowledge, including all Microsoft Office programs, with a preference for extensive knowledge of Expedia Inc. Tools, Amadeus & Sabre (GDS knowledge Proficiency with Website and Functionality)
• Thorough and complete knowledge of travel industry procedures, policies and applications in APAC, EMEA, and the US
• Ability to identify business inconsistencies and/or red flags
• Ability to effectively multi-task and follow through promptly
• Ability to adapt well to change
• Strong attention to detail
• Creative problem-solving skills
• Educated to Advance Level or Senior School equivalent at least.
• Knowledge of case management software and tools
• Excellent written and spoken English language skills
• Ability to understand and empathise with customer issues, and provide accurate answers in response
• Positive & proactive attitude, and excellent attention to detail
• Should be flexible with shifts and able to work in a 24*7 environment
• GDS experience required
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better - that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work and to provide them with the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
India - Haryana - Gurgaon
Operations & Services
ID # R-84536
Job Accommodation Requests
At Expedia Group, we're committed to providing an inclusive and accessible recruiting experience for candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation or adjustment for any part of the application or hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.