If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
We are seeking a highly motivated and flexible Manager of Traveler Service Operations with a strong background in contact center management, communications, and team building. This position will in a fast-paced traveler service organization (CPCE Operations) and will play an integral role in establishing a new capability to directly manage the services that support our best travelers for all of Expedia Group. We are working to continuously evolve the traveler experience with personalized products and services to help all our Expedia Group customers, and we can’t wait for you to join us!
Specifically, this role will provide operational leadership as we build this new capability, including hiring, onboarding, culture building, operational process design and implementation. This is a new capability that will scale to 700 traveler service agents over the next 12 months. The position is high visibility and will be expected to represent this capability with leadership across Expedia Group. Our services will be offered via chat, voice, email and messaging and will be 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
The position is based in Gurgaon and reports into our Director, Operations. There is no opportunity for remote/virtual participation, but relocation for the right person may be possible with a minimum commitment of time.
- Establish partnerships across CPCE and Brand teams to define, implement and manage the traveler service function for premium customers
- Help Develop the support structure appropriate to team of 700 agents; Build an amazing, highly motivated, and capable team
- Build systems to connect associate teams in Springfield, Gurgaon (India) and virtual locations in U.S. under one operating model
- Partner to design and deliver an intentional onboarding program that connects new team members to the mission of serving our best travelers; energize the team to adopt a mission driven mindset
- Partner to refine our training curriculum and trainee experience to best prepare this team to improve competence and ensure end to end resolution of traveler issues
- Use existing operational reporting to manage and optimize the business; use lived experience to develop requirements to continuously improve
- Create a culture of empowerment and resolution. This team must deliver the best service in the travel industry and truly value our traveler loyalty. Traveler issues must be owned and resolved without exception or hand off.
- Embrace role as “customer zero” of Expedia Group travel service technologies; develop approach to testing and providing constructive feedback; support team to ensure positive attitude in face of tool adversity
- Key Accountabilities: Agent to Agent follow-up rate below 10%’; NPS above 25 for Voice, 50 for Chat; Annualized attrition below 40%
- Team Supervision: Sets clear expectations for operational performance and traveler experience, including defining key performance indicators and OKRs; Implement departmental strategy and delegates daily operations to leaders
- Operations and Knowledge Management: Ensures the business vision is understood by the team and translates into functional goals; Strong understanding of operational structures and functions essential to manage operations
- Trust Each Other: We are all Expedians. We are accountable to each other to deliver on our commitments, and we will trust fellow team members to help get it done.
- Developing Talent: Places individuals in roles and assignments that contribute to their personal and career development; Coaches supervisors on building trusting, candid relationships with their teams to enable productive development conversations; Mentors others and promotes mentorship within the organization; Enables an expansive and diverse work environment
- Building Effective Teams: Holds self and team accountable for setting and meeting departmental goals: Identifies and resolves issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, marketing, financial, and technical goals
- Inspires and gains the commitment of others towards the vision, mission, values, and organizational goals; Responsible for findings from associate’s surveys and defines, identifies, and acts on opportunities to improve engagement and minimize attrition.
- Resource Planning and Optimization: Reviews skill and expertise requirements across the department or multiple teams and ensures that enough people are trained or cross‐trained to achieve work goals; Creates contingency resource plans to ensure continuity of work processes in the face of a delay or shortage in financial/material resources.
- Stakeholder Management: Builds strong relationships and maintains a visible presence with multiple stakeholder groups as a representative of department, ensuring each group's needs are understood and supported by the other
- Business Continuity: Ensures team is prepared for any business continuity issues that may arise; Ensures the appropriate handling of any business continuity incident that occurs impacting the site or team.
- Traveler Focus: Strong disposition to traveler advocacy. Passionately meets or exceeds traveler expectations. Enters the customer's world through listening and understanding. Cultivates relationships by recognizing and delivering on traveling needs and opinions.
- Embodies Expedia Inc. values and beliefs and shares these both internally and externally.
- University degree or equivalent experience
- 7 years of relevant work experience; 5+ years as a people manager
- Experience managing a customer service team
- Ability to solve high-level and complicated operational problems
- A high level of understanding of process optimization
- Demonstrated experience building a well-functioning team
- Strong analytical and planning skills
- Understanding of local employment laws and regulations
- Experience in cultivation and maintenance of strong working relationships and collaboration across multiple business and technical teams
- Ability and willingness to travel periodically (domestic and international)
Preferred but not required:
- Travel industry experience
- A high-level understanding of call center technologies
- Previous experience working across geographies
Why join us
- Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
- Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
- If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
- Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is lifeatexpediagroup.com/jobs.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.